The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 02, 2019, 11:21:23 AM
More detailed ground ops? So the title would have to be a more generic Command 2 instead of MANO.
Multiplayer perhaps?

Command Ops 3?!  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

:o :o :o

QuoteBONUS: Israeli Counterpunch

Israel vs. Iran

Date/Time: 06 April, 2019 / 04:30:00 Zulu
Duration: 72 Hours
Playable Sides: Israel

:smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 03, 2019, 09:21:48 AM
More detailed ground ops? So the title would have to be a more generic Command 2 instead of MANO.
Multiplayer perhaps?

Heh, well there you have it.
With the modelling of modern equipment there's no bounds to what that combined sim would be able to simulate, oh my!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Pete Dero

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 03, 2019, 09:58:50 AM
Multiplayer perhaps?

With the modelling of modern equipment there's no bounds to what that combined sim would be able to simulate, oh my!

Why not include DCS for air combat, Steel Beasts or ARMA3 for ground combat and Cold Waters for sub combat ...
You should be able to finish a small mission in a week or two  O:-)  :)).

mikeck

At this point, I don't think I really even NEED any new DLCs. All the weapons and gear from the past 40 years is in the game so you can pretty much create whatever scenarios you want. Pretty amazing game. I just suck at it
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

al_infierno

Quote from: Pete Dero on April 03, 2019, 12:31:06 PM
Multiplayer perhaps?

Why not include DCS for air combat, Steel Beasts or ARMA3 for ground combat and Cold Waters for sub combat ...

Why stop there?  While we're at it, include Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Train Simulator 2019 for logistical gameplay, Tabletop Simulator for playing board games in the barracks with your battle buddies, and The Sims 3 for returning to the States on leave!   ;D
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

jomni

Quote from: al_infierno on April 03, 2019, 02:26:29 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on April 03, 2019, 12:31:06 PM
Multiplayer perhaps?

Why stop there?  While we're at it, include Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Train Simulator 2019 for logistical gameplay, Tabletop Simulator for playing board games in the barracks with your battle buddies, and The Sims 3 for returning to the States on leave!   ;D

GOAT SIMULATOR!

Pete Dero

Con

I think you need to add tank mechanic for in between the battles

Pete Dero

For those who only look at the Computer Wargaming forum  ;)

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=22247.msg646884#msg646884

Northern Fury: H-Hour is available on Amazon, both ebook and paperback versions!
(based on Northern Fury scenarios for Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations)

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Dimitris

Command: Modern Operations – User interface and experience, Part I: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4954
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command