The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IICptMillerII

Always excited for any new content for CMANO. The add on scenarios and modules are worth the price of admission just for the technical data and detailed accurate OOBs alone, for me. Looking forward to Desert Storm!

Pete Dero

Command Desert Storm = Released

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/product.asp?gid=797 ( $20 - € 19)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1036420/Command_Desert_Storm/ ( € 15,11 or € 13,60 as part of Command : Desert Storm Pack)

(Steam is 10% off until 4/4)

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Opening mission of Desert Storm is splendid! It gives you a good overview of the strategic situation and the fact that the player needs to handle basic logistics is a nice touch. It really gets you into the mindset of forging a plan with contingencies.
If the rest of the campaign tickles the mind similarly then this is quickly going to be my favorite CMANO content to date! Well done WarfareSims!  \m/
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jomni

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 29, 2019, 02:46:11 AM
Opening mission of Desert Storm is splendid! It gives you a good overview of the strategic situation and the fact that the player needs to handle basic logistics is a nice touch. It really gets you into the mindset of forging a plan with contingencies.
If the rest of the campaign tickles the mind similarly then this is quickly going to be my favorite CMANO content to date! Well done WarfareSims!  \m/

Wouldn't it be just a turkey shoot?

Yskonyn

Play it and you shall find out!  :dreamer:

But talking about Turkeys: https://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stories/gulf-war-20th-f-14-tomcat-in-combat/

And yes, they shoot.

Grim.Reaper

I am very tempted to go for this and complete my collection....missing several of the past DLC.  Only thing holding me back is the rumored next version and how close we might be to that.  If it is even true, curious if we are thinking a year plus away, which may make it more of an option for me.  Hate to go "all in" at this point and then find out new version as around the corner.

mikeck

Ok, but even if it is a year away....look at how long and how many DLCs it takes to flesh out a game like this. You'll be waiting years. Why miss out on Great game for two years waiting for another version? It's definitely worth the price
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

I have the game and several of the dlc but was debating whether to get all the remaining missing items.  Plus The reason for the question was to determine if indeed greater than a year or earlier.  Regardless I actually did buy the pack anyway so I am good.

Pete Dero

What could be in the next version that isn't already included in this one ?   4K next gen graphics ?

Yskonyn

More detailed ground ops? So the title would have to be a more generic Command 2 instead of MANO.
Multiplayer perhaps?

Otherwise not sure.  :) It's a stellar product as it is.

jomni