Next build will be...

Started by JudgeDredd, May 19, 2018, 02:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

it would look better as a hover tank....
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jamey

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 09, 2018, 08:53:01 AM

Hm, i saw last week the same model in a shop. Great, i will go and take it now  8)

JudgeDredd

I love your enthusiasm, but you should probably buy it rather than take it  ;)
Alba gu' brath

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Jarhead0331

Dude...that is really impressive work. Nice job!

Wish I had the patience and the talent to get into model making.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Thanks guys.

There's still alot of work ahead. I'm looking at rusting techniques and looking to possibly bend the "fenders" and take a panel or two off the skirts.

Also, I think the paint might be a bit bright, so I'm looking to take that down a bit. I think I recall seeing a video where a guy gave it a thin overcoat of brown. I might not - I might just go with some washes - but I'm looking about to give this a dirty, worn, battle hardened look.
Alba gu' brath

Boggit

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 12, 2018, 04:52:42 PM
Thanks guys.

There's still alot of work ahead. I'm looking at rusting techniques and looking to possibly bend the "fenders" and take a panel or two off the skirts.

Also, I think the paint might be a bit bright, so I'm looking to take that down a bit. I think I recall seeing a video where a guy gave it a thin overcoat of brown. I might not - I might just go with some washes - but I'm looking about to give this a dirty, worn, battle hardened look.
I think you're right, it does look a bit bright and pristine. Have you used ink washes much? I used to use them quite a bit when I painted figures etc, and they're great for making things look muddy, especially as the ink tends to build up a bit in corners, between the edges of armour slopes etc.

I think you're making a lovely job of this, and can't wait to see your final result. :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JudgeDredd

Not enjoying rubber tracks anymore. I used to think they were ok - but the last 2 sets I've used have split and I've had to use staples to hold them together

Anyway - staples and some glue and they look like proper Panther tracks

Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Boggit on June 13, 2018, 03:52:26 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 12, 2018, 04:52:42 PM
Thanks guys.

I think you're right, it does look a bit bright and pristine. Have you used ink washes much? I used to use them quite a bit when I painted figures etc, and they're great for making things look muddy, especially as the ink tends to build up a bit in corners, between the edges of armour slopes etc.

I think you're making a lovely job of this, and can't wait to see your final result. :)
No I haven't used ink washes. I do have a selection of washes and powders that do the trick though and I just bought a Humbrol Oil wash which I hope to put to good use on this baby.

This is one beautiful monster. I've really enjoyed the build and I'm looking forward to making it look battle ridden.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Not sure if you can see this in the images - but it is quite a difference to the naked eye...

I've put a thin Dark Brown "mist" over the model to take away the starkness of the colours.

Alba gu' brath

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

JudgeDredd

And some battle damage

I haven't used the proper paint for chipping. I'll be re-doing that I think.

Then it'll be a satin coat, decals, satin coat and then weathering.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

This shows the dulling effect better of the dark brown mist

Original

Brown mist
Alba gu' brath

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

GDS_Starfury

individual tracks are your friend:

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.