Fog:Emp multiplayer 2 -- BARBARIANS ARISE (game 2 running)

Started by JasonPratt, September 15, 2019, 02:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 19, 2019, 02:20:25 PM
OK I'm laying siege to an enemy province.  I have overwhelming numbers.  What do I do?  Just wait, or....?

Careful Huw, if you win that siege I think you will conquer the province and I won't be able to get it from you.
I'll send my wee army in and see if I can siege the place.

JasonPratt

I just sent 120 to Blucher myself (thanks to the generosity of a random wealthy citizen group).  O0

My brilliant invasion plan would have worked, but for no clear reason the garrison -- which I had good over-combat power on, and which definitely lost the missile exchange at the beginning -- managed to match up well enough against my units to pull an unexpected win!

Sometimes the dice just don't roll your way, I guess.  :buck2:

In this case it was a disaster because I was driven back into the region whence I came, where I immediately ran into their own stack which was on the way to help!  ::) :pullhair: Not many of my stack escaped alive back to our staging area.

The good news, such as it is, is that I've got reinforcements on the way which will be there next turn. And the enemy doomstack was suffering reductions in its own force strength already, which hasn't improved. So we MIGHT still be okay next turn. It was worth a try.

Meanwhile I spent 250 gold buying a fleet off local merchants and refitting it for warfare, so at least I'll be able to go blockade them.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tuna

Don't send them gold, they are the Enemy! You dont have to.be allied to send gold. Just not at war.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Barthheart on November 20, 2019, 02:37:52 AM
Careful Huw, if you win that siege I think you will conquer the province and I won't be able to get it from you.
I'll send my wee army in and see if I can siege the place.

Well I did say I was going into Cumbria.  Can't I cede the province to you afterward?

Tuna

You guys can just declare war on each other later and then make up.

Tuna

Sounds like Barth is a hindrance to your Conquest plans, just roll over him like a Steamroller! If you don't want to kill him totally, just leave him o e of those lil islands off the coast!

:bd:

Huw the Poo

OK Bart the walls are breached but I'm moving my army up to where the Pict army is.  I assume they're coming to reinforce, so hopefully my marching in their direction will hinder them.  Unless that's yet another thing this game doesn't do, of course....

JasonPratt

I haven't seen armies cross each other in marching (when at war with each other), so there should be some kind of interception.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tuna

I think if you leave the province the walls are fixed automatically. Maybe let him move in and click assault.

Not sure on this. But I know when you take. province or the enemy does, the walls are fixed next turn. Not like Total War, where you have to repair them

Barthheart

Well my army is now there so there should not be any problem with Huw moving.

But Tuna's correct, you should just steamroll me and take it all for yerself.

Tuna

Quote from: Barthheart on November 20, 2019, 06:33:55 PM

I'm kidding Barth!  :(

Speedy

Quote from: MetalDog on November 20, 2019, 12:18:57 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on November 19, 2019, 10:22:14 PM
No, that's Speedy. Blucher is my ally, the Qats.

Well, Speedy just got 120 gold.

Yeah I saw that yesterday and had no clue why I was being gifted gold so I sent it back minus 10 gold that disappeared in the pub.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Tuna on November 20, 2019, 08:15:55 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on November 20, 2019, 06:33:55 PM

I'm kidding Barth!  :(

Yeah, no way dude - allies for life!  :smitten:

Quote from: Speedy on November 21, 2019, 01:23:20 AM
Yeah I saw that yesterday and had no clue why I was being gifted gold so I sent it back minus 10 gold that disappeared in the pub.

:2funny: