Chivalry/War of the Roses Player Finder

Started by Gusington, December 21, 2012, 12:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Seems to be growing interest in these two games with the sales going on right now. Please post here to get your game on with others and also let me know if I should plunk down some cash to buy either/or and join the fray. Really it's all about me and a public service at the same time :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I ended up buying both.

According to Steam, I've played 4 hours of War of the Roses and 1 hour of Chivalry.  I like Chivalry a lot more.  The melee combat looks and feels much better, the controls are more responsive, and the hit detection seems more precise.  Plus the maps and objectives seem more involved and more fun.  Come on, who wouldn't want to slaughter filthy peasants? 

I don't have a tonne of experience with the two games, but from what I've played so far, the only areas I feel WOR is better in are ranged combat and character customization.

Gusington

I thought there would be a bigger response to this thread so I haven't bought either yet. The inclusion of horses in WotR pulls me that way though. I wish either one had a single player campaign of some type.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Gusington on December 24, 2012, 01:41:33 PM
I thought there would be a bigger response to this thread so I haven't bought either yet. The inclusion of horses in WotR pulls me that way though. I wish either one had a single player campaign of some type.

The lack of single player is what is holding me back as well. 
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

trek

I own both Chivalry and WOTR. I would suggest getting both. For me Chivalry is easier to pickup the controls. I'm having a harder time mastering the fighting controls in WOTR, so much so that I play matches mostly as an archer, as I find the long range controls easier to use.

I would say that Chivalry IMHO has more visceral appeal and immediacy, where WOTR is more tactical with more atmosphere. Both are close as far as the fun factor. I'm starting to think that WOTR may have more long-term appeal and expandability, but, of course that depends on the devs. I think the landscapes and playing area in WOTR are more expaansive as well. Still, as far as the controls and the combat fun factor I'd still give the edge to Chivalry.

I'm hoping that eventually we'll have some GH matches in both games if enough people purchase them. Never having played online with anyone here I guess I need to get the info about finding the GH server and how to connect.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I own both and I'm up for either although I greatly prefer Chivalry.

Also, why aren't we playing RoF Gus?  You've got your damned TrackIR now.

TheCommandTent

Just dld Chivalry tonight.  I might get to spend some time with it tomorrow and then hopefully will be up for some multiplayer.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

Chivalry and WoTR seem to be the games de jure right now, more than RoF for MP.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Chivalry tonight around 6pm PST/ 9pm EST?

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

I'll see if I can make it, but no promises.

Gusington

Played with SDR on some public servers tonight. Some cool moments, some uncool. I did get me some kills.

Anyone know how to set up our own GH server?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yeah it was a bit of a bust seeing as how we couldn't actually get on a decent server at the same time. 

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd