Rise of Flight MP - Friday Evening

Started by Gusington, December 05, 2012, 07:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Tuna and I got a few missions in on the New Wings server.  It was pretty fun even though I never could seem to link up with Tuna.  (always lost sight of him in the clouds or in a furball).  I got 5 kills, died 3 times and got to shoot at dirty Huns with my Webley.  Good times!

Gusington

Just got your Steam IM :/

Post here if you are around tomorrow night. Between now and then I should get some time in to learn.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Some screenies

Moving in on a furball on the German side of the lines.

Man, what the hell am I doing in a Sopwith Triplane?  All the German players are in DVIIs or Dr1's.

Thank Jeebus that there were a couple of Entente guys in SE5's keeping the Germans distracted.  I get the jump on a DVII that was fixated on an SE5

But he quickly turns the tables on me so I have to bust out the Webley.

It doesn't work out so well.

Next flight up, I run into more DVIIs and Dr1s

I get the jump on a DrI (I think it's the same guy from before) and send him into the dirt.

Then I get behind a DVII

And BBQ him up right.

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

Sweet SDR. Your plane sponsored by Pepsi?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

Keep updating here when you are around. Once I do the tutorials and some practice missions I will want to get into MP. And probably buy a crapload more planes. And the Channel map. And a seaplane. Etc.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm around today/tonight if you want to get some flying or gunnery in.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: TheCommandTent on December 08, 2012, 08:39:05 AM
Great screenshots SDR!

Thanks. they're a bit small and the FOV looks a bit restricted because I cropped them to remove the chat logs and whatnot. 

Yskonyn

I am residing in the GMT + 1 area, so depending on where you guys are it might be difficult to join up.
But IF possible, I would like to.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Father Ted

GMT here too, but Friday is generally my RoF night.  If any of you trans-Atlantic chappies are about on a Friday afternoon, I'm usually on New Wings Wargrounds or Syndicate Realism, depending on which is more full.  I'm going to make sure I'm on the same side as SDR, though - five kills in one session!  That's about a month's worth for me.

This is quite handy for seeing what's going on:http://online.riseofflight.net/en/

Silent Disapproval Robot

LOL.  The only reason I was able to get 5 kills was because I was in a Sopwith Tripe when everyone else was in Camels or SE.5's.  Coming after me would've been kind of like picking on the special needs kid for his lunch money.  I'd just kind of fly around looking pathetic until someone turned their back on me, then I'd let 'em have it with full on retard strength.