ARMA 2 Server - Interest?

Started by DV8, July 19, 2012, 08:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

Not sure when I'll get a chance but I definitely want to check it out.

I don't do alot of multiplayer gaming so excuse the ignorance but Ventrillo is a voice chat program right?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

DV8

Yes.  I'm not sure everyone is going to use it, buts its there if you want to.
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

Silent Disapproval Robot

The server is listed under Grogheads.

DV8 and I played a quick co-op mission that uhhh.....didn't go all that well.  Friendly fire....isn't! (or were you just fragging your squad leader because I was inept?) 

Server seems to work just fine.  Thanks DV8

DV8

I had to update my BE and when I came back I killed everyone.  What happened?  Sorry ;-)

DV8

I've got Mountain Warfare running know.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm just sure.  I ordered everyone into line and then got them to move in on the fort and then (I'm assuming) your grenade exploded in the middle of the formation and killed 5 of us. 

Naughty, naughty!

Silent Disapproval Robot

Lost connection again?  Oh well.  I think that last map was too big for just 2 players.

I ended up with 7 infantry and 2 supply trucks killed. 

DV8

Yeah.  I live at the DSL extreme so we lose the connection frequently.  That was fun.  The server will stay up so everyone enjoy until next time.

DV8

Staggerwing

Weird- I was able to launch ARMA2 OA last night no prob but now, when I try to launch the base game (which came together with OA and installed at the same time) I get a "bad serial number added at setup" error. However, I was never prompted for the Key at all during install. Should I just wipe and re-D/L the local content or is that irrelevant to CD KEY issues?

NM I found the answer. Had to shut down Steam, restart as Admin, restart game. 1st time I've ever run into this... ???
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

DV8

My son had similar issue with it.  The install is very buggy.

Do you have a Steam version?

Staggerwing

^See my edit above. Hope it works for your son. I'm on Win7 btw.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Silent Disapproval Robot

DV8, I hope to get on by 6PM PST but I've got to go run some errands first so I might not make it.

Staggerwing

Was able to connect to the server using AO but not the base game. It also said I was using a modified game (BAF?) but I don't recall adding that to the bundle when purchasing. I've a few hours of paying Mr Mom before I can play for real so I'll see y'all approx 21:30 EST if all goes well. Warning to the rest of you- I have not gone through boot and will probably be as helpless as an eight year old schoolgirl in pigtails until I get some time under my belt, learning all the switches and buttons. Did I mention pigtails?

Staggerwing

Is there an option to use a game controller or, better yet, joystick for vehicles?