WTS Space Empires 4X: Close Encounters Expansion (New)

Started by son_of_montfort, March 08, 2013, 06:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

son_of_montfort

Just wondering, anyone a Space Empires 4X fan (GMT Games)? I happen to have an extra copy of the new expansion Space Empires 4X: Close Encounters that I would let go for a good deal. It is new and in shrink. I have an open copy and the additions for the game are REALLY cool, so if you are a fan, you will enjoy the expansion.

PM me if interested.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

RedArgo

How do you like the game?  My boys and I have the original and have only tried it once.  We had to quit after a couple hours and didn't get too far while trying to learn the rules as we went.  We haven't gotten around to trying it again, but it seemed like it would be fun.

On boardgamegeeks, it says it takes 3 hours to play.  Does that seem right?  We were going slow, but it still seemed like it would take a lot longer than 3 hours.

Thanks.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: RedArgo on March 22, 2013, 01:34:38 PM
How do you like the game?  My boys and I have the original and have only tried it once.  We had to quit after a couple hours and didn't get too far while trying to learn the rules as we went.  We haven't gotten around to trying it again, but it seemed like it would be fun.

On boardgamegeeks, it says it takes 3 hours to play.  Does that seem right?  We were going slow, but it still seemed like it would take a lot longer than 3 hours.

Thanks.

I've only gotten around to playing the base game, but I am salivating over the expansion pieces and alien races. The base game is tons of fun, and I enjoy playing the solo scenarios quite a bit. I would certainly say that 3 hours is a low estimate for a 3-4 player game, particularly the learning game. It can easily take 5+ hours. But I am used to Twilight Imperium, which takes an entire day (9 hours on average) to play. So in comparison, Space Empires is streamlined and quick!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: LongBlade on March 24, 2013, 11:24:07 AM
Post your video review ;)

I am getting around to it. I actually have a video review of something else incoming today.

- Stephen Colbert

- Stephen Colbert

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.