B-29 Superfortress: Bombers Over Japan, 1944-1945 (Discussion Thread)

Started by BanzaiCat, August 20, 2014, 07:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

And that's another thing. She took my last pickled onion.

I was sucking it at the time..........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

bob48

'Clip those corners'

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Poor Bob. He went from Gloiiing with a Frypan to Gloiiing with a Bedpan...

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

'Clip those corners'

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

I played through Mission 3. I will post it sometime tomorrow most likely.

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bob48

I'm really not that keen on the 'new mini'. Years ago, however, I did have a blue and white Mini Cooper.

'Clip those corners'

BanzaiCat

Sorry, all. It's been a while and I really did/do want to keep up with this thread, but B-29 isn't as fun as I'd hoped it would be.

Most of the time I'm chasing navigation points and doing endless nav checks in the first few sea zones, then random event checks when hardly anything happens. If weather is bad, the same damn thing keeps happening - lightning hits the plane, no effect (which is very tough - I keep rolling 7s on 2d6, and 7=No Effect). I guess that's good for crew health but it happens. Every. Time. So literally nothing happens in the game.

Even fighter attacks are fairly boring. Goodness knows I've tried to liven it up but enemy planes rarely attack (and this is pretty much as it was, historically speaking) so there's not much of a story to tell.

(1) Take off
(2) Nav check
(3) For W = W + 1 Nav Check; if W > 200,000, goto (4)
(4) Yawn
(5) Yawn
(6) Iwo Jima! Fighters? Nope.
(7) Yawn
(8 ) Yawn
(9) Japan - Yawn
(10) Target - Fighters? Nope.
(11) Ack-ack? Yep. Hit? Barely.
(12) Return to Base, Repeat previous steps backwards

As many have said over on BGG, this game is not B-17, but it offers its own challenges. I recognize those challenges, but it's just not digging its claws into me at this time.

It's a bit draining to try to liven up something that's not all that interesting to play. I'd still LIKE to finish what I started, but I have other things distracting me right now. I've thought about restarting that Covert Action AAR. I also have the Birth of the Federation AAR. And a couple more reviews staring me in the face right now.

I DID play through Mission 3; I just haven't reported it yet. I'd like to get to it. I know your lives aren't hinging on your alter-ego's fates, here, but those of you that have been following this, my apologies for letting it slide. As I said I'd like to try to return to this sometime, but not probably for a month or so.

Barthheart

No problem B_C. Life is too short to do stuff you don't enjoy.  O0

W8taminute

What Barthheart said.  Life is indeed too short and if you're not having fun it's time to move onto something else.   8)

Thank you though for entertaining us up to this point.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

Ditto!  :)

Also, Mechagodzilla 1 was apparently waiting for us on the next mission. So we dodged that.  8)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

Just tell me I get to back to the states and my wife and 7 children.

Wait don't tell me that. I'll go AWOL and hide on some Pacific Island with the beautiful topless native women.

Fin.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus