I've been sent to warn you, the FRIDAY is right next door

Started by MetalDog, August 03, 2018, 05:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

'Tis definitely a small world. It is my first time in Cape May so any recommendations are welcome.

One of my best friends moved to the Boston area after college and has settled down in the Arlington area, sandman. He is 6'5" and full of muscles and can offer you safe harbor from the BoSox rabble if needed.

And I agree on the NY-BOS rivalry revival - great stuff. I live for watching Joe Kelly fight all the Yankees. But I could do without the 15-7 pummelings.

BoSox are the real deal - scary good team this year.

💀beware💀

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

sandman2575

@Tuna -- I live in the PRC ... People's Republic of Cambridge.  I'm a member in good standing with our local workers' soviet.   ;)

@Gus -- if you're looking for things to do, the boardwalk at Wildwood -- Rayfer must know it! -- is fun, though it has been many years since I was there. Very close to Cape May.  Otherwise I'd suggest just lounging on the nice beaches and seeing if you can spot famous New Jerseyans like Chris Christie or Bruce Springsteen. Or better yet, Chris Christie at a Springsteen concert. 

The Sox this season.... man alive.  They apparently average 15 runs a game at Fenway. Chris Sale seems like he's on pace to strike out 400 batters and finish the season with a 0.84 ERA. And J.D. Martinez is apparently the second coming of Mickey Mantle.

The Yanks have the second best record in MLB. And are *still* 6.5 games out.  That's how freakishly good this Sox team is.

Tuna

Quote from: sandman2575 on August 03, 2018, 02:10:23 PM
@Tuna -- I live in the PRC ... People's Republic of Cambridge.  I'm a member in good standing with our local workers' soviet.   ;)

@Gus -- if you're looking for things to do, the boardwalk at Wildwood -- Rayfer must know it! -- is fun, though it has been many years since I was there. Very close to Cape May.  Otherwise I'd suggest just lounging on the nice beaches and seeing if you can spot famous New Jerseyans like Chris Christie or Bruce Springsteen. Or better yet, Chris Christie at a Springsteen concert. 

The Sox this season.... man alive.  They apparently average 15 runs a game at Fenway. Chris Sale seems like he's on pace to strike out 400 batters and finish the season with a 0.84 ERA. And J.D. Martinez is apparently the second coming of Mickey Mantle.

The Yanks have the second best record in MLB. And are *still* 6.5 games out.  That's how freakishly good this Sox team is.

Ahh Weymouth here, South side of Baston!

Gusington

Dangeroously good, indeed. They frighten me.

Wildwood is on The Wife's Agenda.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

sandman2575

Quote from: Tuna on August 03, 2018, 02:27:36 PM
South side of Baston!

Spelled as an authentic resident of The Commonwealth would.   :coolsmiley: 

bayonetbrant

Would rather be playing *anything*... Got the girls at the Kidz Bop concert here in town tonight
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Destraex

Hopefully:
Sins of a Solar Empire. A mate has discovered the map making function and the game is always nice and relaxing with speed enough to play in one night with a smaller map.
War Thunder - Need to get my joystick working with it and possibly my track-IR
Total War Arena - To get the bonus in game stuff - just need one victory.

Maybe some steel division depending on who is online in discord.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

I have never been able to get Sins of a Solar Empire to work on my current machine  :(

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

...also just reinstalled Rise of Legends on my PC...haven't played that in a long time and never finished it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on August 03, 2018, 07:05:58 PM
Hopefully:
Sins of a Solar Empire. A mate has discovered the map making function and the game is always nice and relaxing with speed enough to play in one night with a smaller map.
War Thunder - Need to get my joystick working with it and possibly my track-IR
Total War Arena - To get the bonus in game stuff - just need one victory.

Maybe some steel division depending on who is online in discord.

This weekend -- probably some Post Scriptum, Britannia, BoX and DCS.

JasonPratt

Long day, but back at the computer now. A quick screenshot of my finally-imported card piles.  :smitten:

(Don't worry about what any of those mean right now. Just, about fifteen hours of eye-glazing work went into porting them.  :hide: Glad to be done.  <:-) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

I'll be 'Pirating' about the Deadfire Archipelago in Pillars 2 with a little CMBN thrown in for fun. Have a good weekend Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

How do you like the new PoE compared to the old one?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 03, 2018, 06:32:43 PM
Would rather be playing *anything*... Got the girls at the Kidz Bop concert here in town tonight

What gods did you anger?!?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JasonPratt

Quote from: bbmike on August 04, 2018, 11:54:23 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 03, 2018, 06:32:43 PM

What gods did you anger?!?

No no! -- he's appeasing goddesses.  ^-^
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!