This Weekend's Feature: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai

Started by bayonetbrant, January 23, 2016, 08:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

So close now but the end game is no slouch - because of yesterday's storm I had a good 3 hour stretch to prepare a series of armies and fleets for the final push on the final required province to win...Musashi. One more 3 hour stretch should secure my win and avoid another shamefrul dispray! Finally.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Excellent!  Eagerly awaiting the "You won," screenie :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on January 24, 2016, 01:39:05 PM
So close now but the end game is no slouch - because of yesterday's storm I had a good 3 hour stretch to prepare a series of armies and fleets for the final push on the final required province to win...Musashi. One more 3 hour stretch should secure my win and avoid another shamefrul dispray! Finally.
Awesome-possum!  Can't wait to see you've finally licked this game.  :knuppel2: 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

Thank you...hopefully y this weekend so I can frame the victory screen and then move on with my gaming life.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That's the stuff Gusimoto. I played with the Darthmod but never tried the Radious mod though the horde of new units included looked very tempting. Anything really special among them? And did he fix the naval battles? All I could ever get the AI to do was just sit still pointing their broadsides at me as my ships closed on them.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

There are tons of new units but descriptions on them are non-existent since the game's online encyclopedia looks to be uneditable, which is a shame. In my more built up provinces I can have as many as 10 rows of recruitable units available...almost 100 units according to my new math.

This final push is going to be a bloodbath-there is no direct way to get to Musashi without taking 1-2 other provinces first. I wanted to avoid that but it looks to be unavoidable. Going to have to do this the hard way.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

In my Darthmod campaign, I used agents to clear a path for my armies by bribing enemy Generals and killing their leaders, etc. It helped a lot. Don't know if Radious changed the agent effectiveness or not. Of course the down side was experienced enemy agents could do the same to me. It was a tough slog too but do-able.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I have some agents moving in but to be honest I've reached that point where going through each turn with tons of agents, armies, etc. is turning into a chore. I'm ready to wrap this campaign up after upwards of 200 or so turns. It's an awesome game but I got me some fatigue.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on January 25, 2016, 05:44:04 PM
I have some agents moving in but to be honest I've reached that point where going through each turn with tons of agents, armies, etc. is turning into a chore. I'm ready to wrap this campaign up after upwards of 200 or so turns. It's an awesome game but I got me some fatigue.

whats next?

Gusington

Either Homeworld: Remastered or Mad Max. To cleanse the palette you see. Then...TW: Charlemagne, probably as the Scandinavians!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd