Main Menu

Bulgarian humor

Started by besilarius, August 27, 2016, 12:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

http://disinfo.com/2014/08/russia-wants-bulgarians-stop-vandalizing-soviet-monuments-look-like-american-superheroes/

Who knew the Bulgarians were so irreverent?  Or they even had a sense of humor?
Back in the 70s, it was said there was only one Bulgarian joke:

Why do police always travel in threes?
One to ask the questions.
Two to write down the answers.
And the third to keep an eye on those two Damned intellectuals.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Staggerwing

Huh, Michael Dorosh is one of the commenters below the article.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

How long before Putin invades?  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Anguille

It's a long story...bulgarians have never been big fans of the russians  ;D

OJsDad

Quote from: Anguille on August 27, 2016, 01:56:44 PM
It's a long story...bulgarians have never been big fans of the russians  ;D

Neither are the Ukrainians, but that didn't stop the Russian's from coming and paying them a long visit.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

That article is about 2 years old, too.  I think someone might've even posted it here before.

I do like the caption underneath, that says something like "The Sign of the Times"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 27, 2016, 09:34:44 PM
That article is about 2 years old, too.  I think someone might've even posted it here before.

Yep, saw it awhile back.   Yet it still makes me smile.

Boggit

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 27, 2016, 12:49:14 PM
Huh, Michael Dorosh is one of the commenters below the article.
Michael is a Canadian... ::)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat