Main Menu

Slow website

Started by JudgeDredd, February 20, 2018, 08:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailrunner

I use a government computer on a government network all day.  That is the definition of slow.  If I'm typing an email, and another email comes in, my email program stops working for about a minute.  That's when it's working well.  Lately it's been much worse.  We keep getting these emails from IT that there are unplanned issues with the network.  No kidding.

JudgeDredd

This is still an issue - really bad at times and not so at others (perhaps specific threads...don't know).

I mentioned using Chrome...so I will exclusively post using IE for the time being and see if it is a Chrome thing.
Alba gu' brath

mirth

I'm guessing it is browser related. Didn't Chrome just get a big update including some built in adblocker? Wouldn't be surprised if it is related to that.

I view the site on Mac and PC, both at home and at work, and I haven't had any problems this week. I use Firefox exclusively though.

The only time I have any kind of issue is in my phone and that's always due to a crappy connection.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Same for me. My phone is slowest, 99% of the time because of the connection. On my iPad I use Safari and have no issues. On my PC I use Chrome and hardly ever have a problem. Have only experienced what you guys have described above once this week, on my phone, and that was three days ago. So...wtf is going on?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

Of course after I typed and posted the above I had the worst slowdown on my phone in three days.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Gusington

Hard to anger when it takes 5 minutes to post a sentence.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Gives you time to compose your thoughts.

Gusington

You should work in marketing.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Gusington

What about the other half?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Waiting for my posts here to finish typing.

Sir Slash

I use Internet Explorer and have not had any problems here. I do have problems with Windows 10 when it automatically updates it screws up my HDMI video connections resulting in a split screen effect. Reversing the HDMI cables and refreshing the settings on my monitor clears it up but I had to figure that out on my own as the local computer people had never heard of it happening before. It always occurs just after Windows 10 updates and is damned frustrating.  :knuppel2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 22, 2018, 09:46:22 AM
I use Internet Explorer and have not had any problems here. I do have problems with Windows 10 when it automatically updates it screws up my HDMI video connections resulting in a split screen effect. Reversing the HDMI cables and refreshing the settings on my monitor clears it up but I had to figure that out on my own as the local computer people had never heard of it happening before. It always occurs just after Windows 10 updates and is damned frustrating.  :knuppel2:

Sir Slash, next time that happens try pressing Win+Ctrl+Shift+B. That should restart the graphics driver (the screen will go black for a second). I don't know if it will work or not but it's worth a try.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak