GMT Fall Sale

Started by Bison, November 01, 2012, 06:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rekim

Quote from: GJK on November 03, 2012, 01:22:02 AM
Quote from: Double Deuce on November 02, 2012, 12:50:50 AM
Man, I really wish Fields of Fire 2E woulda hit P500 earlier this year and have been included.  :'( I gotta say though the Panzer Series is looking awful tempting.

I have this one on my P500 list as well and am *very* anxious to see it printed.  I hope that the rules that are included with it aren't as much of a headache as I've read that the original rules were.  Anybody currently playing this one?

Gary

I'm fairly certain that the 2nd edition rule book posted on the GMT games page for Fields of Fire is the same version that will be included with the reprint. It is the re-write.

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-322-fields-of-fire-2nd-edition.aspx

I haven't read the new edition yet so can't comment on the contents. Fun game though.

GroggyGrognard

+1 for No Retreat! One of my top wargames for last year.

Quote from: Rekim on November 03, 2012, 03:16:27 PM

I agree it is tough going for the Soviets in the early part of No Retreat! The ruskies need some luck with dice or card draws in the first turns to have any chance of seeing '42.
+1
It's almost in the nature of the beast that the Soviets have it tough in '41. Albeit luck with dice and cards, it's not like they should have it easy in '41.
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

GJK

I've been reading the rules for No Retreat! and getting really excited to give it a spin.  Got the email today that the order has shipped.  :)
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Mike_K

Quote from: Bison on November 03, 2012, 09:08:54 AM
Welcome Mike!

Why thank you.

I'm still mulling over what to get in the sale... Ardennes 44, Bloody April, Bomber Command... maybe, maybe, maybe...

bob48

Ardennes '44. Its on my list. It has the same basic system as Normandy '44 which I have and is a superb game.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

ABD

Thinking about: Here I Stand and Virgin Queen

TheCommandTent

I am glad I got my power back on before this ended.  Now I just need to figure out which games to order...
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

GJK

No Retreat! arrived today.  I'll start sorting through it in the morning.  Typical top-notch GMT components, it's certainly a very nice looking game!
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

ComradeP

After years of the GMT Fall sale being cancelled due to various system/warehouse overhaul issues, GMT's holding a sale for áll customers until midnight Pacific Time on October 25th.

See the monthly newsletter for details: https://mailchi.mp/225adfb17961/october-18-update-from-gmt-sale-new-p500s-production-updates-more
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Capn Darwin

I caved a grabbed a couple...  :-"
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Crossroads

No Euro friendly shipping  :(  But agreed as it says in the newsletter, it is quite a nice discount to compensate for that.

Anyway, I will use that as an excuse not to order anything. Glad to see Red Winter 2nd Ed making it to 400+ region on P500 though! Hopefully soon  :dreamer:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

ComradeP

There being no European friendly shipping is one of two main reasons for me not jumping in and grabbing a few games. The other is that, now that GMT has sorted out its system issues, a lot of P500 games that I'm backing will be arriving in the next 6 months or so.

It's not entirely clear why SCG wouldn't be able to handle European shipping, the noted reaction to the suggestion even seems somewhat hostile but I'm guessing that's intended to be sarcastic. They might simply not be able to handle the volume.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Nefaro

Quote from: Capn Darwin on October 20, 2018, 08:01:41 AM
I caved a grabbed a couple...  :-"

Took me about 3 hours of camping their site when it first went live the other day.  All the traffic killed their host for awhile. 

Even got half price on their regular discounts and a 10-pack of counter trays on top of the handful of games I got.  They're not fkn around for this sale.   :bd: