What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

Just pulled the trigger on ASLSK1, can't wait to get into this game.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

bob48

Finally got 'At All Cost' on the table.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

W8taminute

Let me change things up a bit by sharing with you all what's not on my table right now.

What's not on my table right now, much to my annoyance, is Paths of Glory by GMT Games.  I ordered a copy from the P500 back in the late summer of last year.  Their website claims the game has been shipping since December 27, 2018.  Yet here I am still waiting in early February 2019.

I phoned GMT last week and the lady on the phone told me we will ship that order for you today Mr. "W8taminute".  Well here it is a week later and nothing is in my mailbox yet. 

I sent them an email this morning and haven't heard back from them yet. 

GMT may make quality products but their customer service is abysmal.  Next time I will order my GMT games through Amazon unless the price is prohibitive. I strongly urge you and everyone I can come into contact with to NOT BUY DIRECTLY FROM GMT.  Their customer service is abysmal and non existent. 

To be continued.....

P.S.  By the way I'm not very happy right now in case my tone was not clear in the message above. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

al_infierno

What's on my table now: ASL SK1-3 plus the pocket guide.  Haven't exactly played a game yet, just been reading rules, watching videos, and admiring the counter art  :smitten:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

BanzaiCat

Panzergruppe Guderian. I haven't gotten to it in a couple of weeks but it's still sitting there, with turn 1 just barely started.

PanzersEast

Testing out using the maps on the iPad instead of the dry erase.

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Barthheart

Great game... and needs a pool table to play on.... :bd:

Silent Disapproval Robot

Testing out the app and rules solo before getting a full game of this going on Saturday.

Barthheart

Yer boat seems to have gone together well... or did you glue it? Mine's really loose and will need glue and reinforcements.... :P

Silent Disapproval Robot

ArizonaTank

GMT's Bloody April

Playing a double blind game done over vassal with turns sent in by email.

The ref is Terry Simo, the game designer. So no arguing with him about the rules....  :-"

It is 11:13am, March 24, 1917...

My flight of 4 Sopwith Pups from the 3rd British Naval Squadron, took off from Marieux 8 minutes ago and is just now reaching its patrol altitude of 10,000ft. Did a slower climb to save fuel.

Mostly sunny, with broken clouds above me. Strong wind out of the SW. Good tailwind pushing me along. But it will become a hellish headwind if my guys get shot up behind German lines and have to escape.

The flight is about to turn East to the first patrol waypoint behind German lines at Bois de Berlon, just West of Cambrai.

My orders are to conduct offensive patrol to disrupt German scout activity.

So far, the sky is empty. Except I can see a friendly BE2 to my left rear, about 6000 feet below me, struggling to climb to recon altitude.

The flight has 4 historical pilots, Capt Harold Kerby, FSL John Malone, Fl Co Herbert Travers and FltLt Lloyd Breadner
Two of these guys will go on to become Vice Air Marshalls in the Canadian Air Force....but that is years away. Today they are just cannon fodder.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Barthheart

Woah! Spoiler alert! I'm flying for the Huns in that same game.  ^-^
I didn't read, just skipped by when I saw what yer post was about.  O0

This should be a fun way to play Bloody April. Should make for some good AARs.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Barthheart on July 13, 2019, 01:17:02 PM
Woah! Spoiler alert! I'm flying for the Huns in that same game.  ^-^
I didn't read, just skipped by when I saw what yer post was about.  O0

This should be a fun way to play Bloody April. Should make for some good AARs.

Oops... :-[

Yes this will be good....:)
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

al_infierno

Slowly but surely learning full ASL.  I've had Beyond Valor on the board for a while now (albeit with Starter Kit rules) but now I think it's time to step up to the full rules plus Yanks.  I also got Red Factories and haven't touched it, cause I'm a fuckin' idiot who doesn't like having spare cash   :DD

No I don't have an ASL problem, you have an ASL problem.   :-"

- MengJiao