Civ 5 AAR - Empires of the Smoky Skies

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2016, 08:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Very pleased that you've fired up another CivV game Brant! I will be cheering for the Barbarians Canadiens though! Good luck all the same.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Martok

Eh, take his gold.  You've got better things to be doing, and it's not like you can't come back and smack him around some more later.  :D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

JasonPratt

Look it's Part IIII!

Soon, Part IIIII will arrive.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 24, 2016, 08:45:45 AM
Look it's Part IIII!

Soon, Part IIIII will arrive.

Dude!  Spoiler alert, please!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 24, 2016, 08:45:45 AMSoon, Part IIIII will arrive.

Well, Jason already gave it away, but part IIIII is out today

Boggit

I'm loving this AAR. I'm waiting for Brant to publish his "Guide to Civ5" next for dabblers like me. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Boggit on April 08, 2016, 07:21:22 PM
I'm loving this AAR. I'm waiting for Brant to publish his "Guide to Civ5" next for dabblers like me. O0

oy vey, that sounds like work :(

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

After reading about some mods that I've seen out there the past few days (improved City-State Diplomacy, more luxuries, etc) I'm about 50-50 on just punting on this one and installing those mods instead and running an entirely new mod-driven AAR.

Thoughts from the peanut gallery?

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 29, 2016, 08:45:57 AM
After reading about some mods that I've seen out there the past few days (improved City-State Diplomacy, more luxuries, etc) I'm about 50-50 on just punting on this one and installing those mods instead and running an entirely new mod-driven AAR.

Thoughts from the peanut gallery?

Do Vox Populis!  O0