Main Menu

Photobucket Blues

Started by ArizonaTank, October 05, 2018, 04:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

I have been using Photobucket to host images. The interface is great when it comes to grabbing the HTML code.

However, Photobucket has been down, for about 24 hours now. This is not the first time I have issue with them, so I think it is time to move on.

So I looked for another free service.

Google has always been lacking, because the share link it gives you sends you to a Google page.

Well, I just found this page: https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/?_ga=2.65241646.1425229660.1538770992-76249326.1538770992

Stick in your Google share code, and it returns the HTTP image link.  Works well for me so far.

A little clunky, but it seems to work.  And hey, it's Google, the company with the command "don't be evil" in its corporate code of conduct. What could go wrong?   
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys