Eastern Front for Android

Started by GJK, June 05, 2012, 06:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJK

I've been playing this one from a developer named Joni Nuutinin:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cloudworth.eastern_front

I must say, it's the best wargame that I've played in either an android or IOS device. The only game that I haven't been able to put down.  It's a massive game as well with a huge map and extensive OOB. Very customizeable with preferences as well.  Definitely worth the look. 

I have his game that covers the ACW as well but haven't started it yet.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Toonces

Does this work on a Kindle Fire?  I think I might be getting a Fire for Father's Day, but I have no idea how these apps work.  I don't own a smart phone or any of that new-fangled crap.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

Quote from: Toonces on June 14, 2012, 07:22:53 PM
I don't own a smart phone or any of that new-fangled crap.

Sez the guy with a camera on his surfboard who posts his vids online!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GJK

A quick Google says that you can install Google Play apps (Android equivalent of iTunes) if you "root" your Kindle Fire. 

My GF was set to get me a Kindle Fire for my bday in April but I tactfully let her know that I did some research and for $50 more, I could get a Galaxy Tab 2 and not have to pay Amazon annual subscription fees.  Needless to say, I'm really enjoying my Galaxy Tab 2. 

And I'm still in my campaign in Russia. It is a large map but not with 100's of units; it's a perfect size for me.  The Fuhrer wasn't happy with me, I allowed the Totenkopf division to become encircled an I was unable to break them out in time.  I've lost a handful of divisions to the AI this way.  Fun game to play a turn or two while in the um-hmmm, "reading room".  :)
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Toonces

What annual subscription fee do you have to pay to use a Kindle Fire?  I'm really new at this mobile device stuff, despite what SW would have you think.

At any rate, I'm 99.9% sure my wife already bought be the Fire, and since I returned the Kindle Touch she got me for Christmas, I don't think I can return this one so I'm going to have to figure out how to make it work.  I don't know about "root"ing my device though...that sounds like something that can really break it if you mess up.

GJK

Amazon has the "Amazon Prime" service for $79 annually.  Its not a bad thing, access to more advanced services like movies and free books.  I don't know if the Fire can do something like Netflix natively?  I liked the Fire and I primarily wanted a tablet to read rulebooks on and surf the web and the Fire would of done that just fine.  The weekend that I was to get mine, Samsung dropped the price on this Galaxy Tab 2 by $150, putting it in the price range of the Fire so I convinced the GF that the upgrade was worth it (I actually covered the difference). 
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Staggerwing

Amazon Prime gets you both free and paid video content as well as more free e-content but also upgrades all your shipping (from Amazon and it's 'Prime' sellers) to free second day. If you buy a lot of stuff for kids (games, books, dvds) you can get them way cheaper than from the local store this way.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Rogo727

Plays well on iPad too.  Jailbreak your iPad it's easy.  You get the both of both worlds.