Feedback on Civ 5 AAR - Scramble for Africa

Started by bayonetbrant, January 18, 2014, 04:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

QuoteIf it's moist and inviting, plow it!

:o

:2funny:

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Barthheart

I liked the asymmetric victory point conditions in the this scenario. It makes it harder to keep track of who's in first for what reason.

I've won this scenario as England by building a rail line from Cape Town to Cairo. Lots of fighting to get the land for that....  ;)

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 12, 2015, 08:20:09 AM
http://grogheads.com/?p=7170
Congratulations, Brant!  Nicely done.  O0 

However, I have to wonder why everyone declared war on you on the second-to-last turn like that.  Presumably, it was to keep you from winning, but it was literally "too little, too late".  ??? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Windigo

Quote from: Martok on February 19, 2015, 05:51:55 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 12, 2015, 08:20:09 AM
http://grogheads.com/?p=7170
Congratulations, Brant!  Nicely done.  O0 

However, I have to wonder why everyone declared war on you on the second-to-last turn like that.  Presumably, it was to keep you from winning, but it was literally "too little, too late".  ???

What Martok said!
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

BanzaiCat

Excellent work, very entertaining. Thanks for the ride!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on March 19, 2015, 12:32:44 PM
Excellent work, very entertaining. Thanks for the ride!

thanks y'all - it was fun.  Not sure when I'll get another Civ V AAR in.  To do a good one right, I need a full weekend to play a ton of the game and take a lot of screenies all at once.  Maybe I'll do a Smokey Skies one next.

bayonetbrant

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.