WH40K: Inquisitor Martyr

Started by Jarhead0331, May 04, 2016, 08:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

That...looks kind of interesting. Is it any good?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

spelk

Quote from: Gusington on March 16, 2018, 01:40:35 PM
That...looks kind of interesting. Is it any good?

I really enjoyed it, played it on PC and (again) co-op on Xbox 1.

The VH games have small sections of simplistic tower defense built into some of their missions. They basically fleshed it out into a stand alone product complete with the RPG mechanics surrounding your hero managing resources and tower placements.

spelk

For Inquisitor Martyr they released this new trailer, detailing the bosses.

Jarhead0331

It seems they may have an internal build that is much further along development than what is presently available to those with beta access...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Thanks spelk...I will send you my receipt 😎

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Nefaro

Quote from: Geezer on April 09, 2018, 06:18:09 PM
Plan for what is included in the release version of the game and beyond:  https://neocoregames.com/en/community/hub/inquisitor-martyrs-release-and-post-release-content

Sounds like they have a lot of work left to do. 

Glad they're implementing player feedback.  O0

spelk

Looks like they're moving the official release date back to June 5th 2018.

https://neocoregames.com/en/community/hub/martyr-release-final-dates-a-letter-from-our-producer

Dear All,

first of all, I'd like to skip the excuses, so let's get straight to the point and start with the bad news.

We had to delay the release date of Warhammer 40,0000: Inquisitor – Martyr to 5 June (2018).

The reason is simple, really. Some technical issues were solved a bit late on one of the console platforms, therefore the release candidate version couldn't be sent to manufacturing in time. We'd like to release the game - in agreement with our console publisher Bigben Interactive and our licensor Games Workshop - on all three platforms at the same time.

In a nutshell: we have somewhat overestimated our capacity for releasing the game simultaneously on three platforms.

And now that we've got the bad news out of the way, I'd like to tell you why this could be a good thing after all:

On one hand, the usual, but always very true statement: this means that the PC version gets three extra weeks of polishing, which is never a bad thing. This also means that the game will be in a much better shape at release.

On the other hand, now that we've messed up the big date of the original announcement anyway, we decided to still do one big Beta build update for Steam.

With the three extra weeks, we'll now have the time to do this and trust me, all the harsh criticism, I mean the extra feedback will help us immensely to balance and fine-tune the game.

Therefore, the dates now set in stone:

Fresh Steam Build – 21 May
    Release – 5th June

Again, sorry for this as we kindly ask for your further patience and hopefully it won't be a deal breaker for any of you.

In return, we promise we'll push this extra three weeks in 90+ hours per week so it'll be very-very useful for Martyr.

Zoltán Pozsonyi
Producer

Tpek

You know what's really annoying about this.

How come whenever the PC version of an in-development game takes more time than the console one, they push back just the date for the PC version
and focus on releasing the console version as quickly as they can.
And yet when the reverse occurs, they delay the PC version so it won't come out until it's out on consoles as well.

Geezer

The beta has been released.  I can't see my cursor after loading the game and quite a few others have the same problem.  Someone posted a workaround that you hit alt-tab and then go back into the game as a fix.  I get a black screen when doing that but ctrl-alt-del and then hitting cancel gets me back to the desktop.  Going back into the minimized game then gives me a cursor.  Just wanted to post that in case anyone here has the same problem.  Time to go kill some heretics!
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Jarhead0331

I couldn't get into the game at all last night. Neocore servers were down. On a positive note, I could see the cursor on the menu.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Geezer

The game has launched!  Going through the tutorial and no problems so far.

Edit - Spoke too soon.  Servers just crashed.  LOL

Geezer

Inquisitor - Martyr: Hotfix for June 6
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr - ✪ megapull
Updates to W40K: Inquisitor - Martyr have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client (in on-line mode) is restarted. It is also recommended to delete any launch parameters you previously had (you can re-add them if they help again, but it is safer to assume everything works best without them).

Fixed Bugs
Campaign difficulty selection no longer affects random misisons and assignments.
Fixed a crash occurring with Chinese localization
Fixed an issue where campaign quests did not appear for players.
Fixed the Metrodora Thelema achievement. This fix is not retroactive.
Players can now buy Attribute Points, etc. at Merciful Agony.
Fixed a bug where players were unable to move after cutscenes
Fixed a bug where players could not exit missions
Fixed missing sounds for cutscenes
Fixed difficulty issues with co-op

Also, we are constantly working on increasing server capacity.

Tpek

Anyone got a Grogheads Cabal running?

EDIT: Started up a Grogheads cabal in the Alpha region.
Feel free to apply to join, Cabals can level up and offer various special perks, so it's supposed to be a good idea to join one.

mbar

Inquisitor - Martyr is 50% off until Friday. $25 USD
https://store.steampowered.com/app/527430/Warhammer_40000_Inquisitor__Martyr/

Inquisitor - Prophecy has launched. 10% off until August 6th. $22.49 USD
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1042800/Warhammer_40000_Inquisitor__Prophecy/?curator_clanid=5728439

I'm considering buying Inquisitor - Martyr at 50% off.