Main Menu

Stellaris

Started by RedArgo, October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Thinking of getting DLC. But really do not want to unless they are needed for mods?
Anybody know if mods need them?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

THere are several DLCs and literally hundreds of mods. Which ones are you talking about?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

That probably means yes then.
I am just starting to think of exploring mods with friends in a multiplayer setting. In a standard match with no mods the player with the most DLC packs hosts the game and all get to use the mod features even of DLC they do not own. This is great for my less stellaris inclined friends who would only own the base game. Because it means they get to play the full game and the host gets to use all of his\her DLC. WIN\WIN.
When you introduce mods I assume that all players would have to have the mod files installed and load up with the mods activated. I assume a crash would happen without the correct DLC even on the client computers. This stops the standard games great "host if you have the most DLC" system and starts to require every player to own all DLC a particular mod requires.

I was hoping that somehow mods were immune from DLC. 
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

OJsDad

So, dev diaries are going start again in a couple of weeks. There have been teasers coming out. My god, take my money now.

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/1019924316656472065
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

OJsDad

OJsDad

OJsDad

OJsDad

OJsDad

FarAway Sooner

I love all the stuff going on under the hood of this game.  I just find myself getting utterly bogged down in the mid-game.

Jarhead0331

Not a fan of these little twitter bursts. They should just do weekly forum posts.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

solops

The change to starlanes only really destroyed my interest in this game. Subsequent changes have not helped. Stellaris is heavily oriented to being about races. With the open galaxy concept of the original game I found this interesting, if a bit kludgy and heavy handed at times. When it moved to starlanes only it just became tedious. I like Polaris Sector much, much more. Unlike Stellaris, PS is focussed on more on military ops. Its game design  around the starlane restriction is much more fun to me.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin