My new computer. Breaking it in...

Started by SirAndrewD, October 22, 2019, 10:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moreb

When dongles fly? - mirth

WallysWorld

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 22, 2019, 10:54:37 PM
Just finished putting together my new rig today.  First big upgrade in six years. 

I-9 9900k, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti, 32gb of Kingston HyperX, Corsair 850w PSU, 2tb SSD and 2tb WD Mechanical.

Yes, I'm bragging.   :D

Trying to figure out something ridiculous and good to put on it and try it out.  I have Arma 3 and IL2, I know they push some boundaries.   But I'm wondering what I can throw on this and really really swing for the fences. 

What games really give you guys a run for your money and are good?   I mean, you know me, I've got a ton.  Just trying to think of something new (outside Outer Worlds this week) that I can get that will cross my eyes and boggle my dongle.

I have an i9-9900k with a RTX 2070 Super on an 1080p monitor since late September and Arma 3 and IL2 run at 60 fps at ultra settings so you will have no issues. I have overclocked the processor to run all cores at 5 Ghz and that was done quite easily. As long as you have a very good cooler, that is. I am jealous of you RTX 2080 Ti.

The only game that I have encountered some frame rate issues is TW: Attila and the older Enemy Engaged 2 modded. But games like WOFF UE, IL2 Great Battles, Strike Fighters 2 and almost all TW games, I have the graphics cranked right up.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

SirAndrewD

Quote from: WallysWorld on October 23, 2019, 05:24:21 PM
I am jealous of you RTX 2080 Ti.

Don't be.  Its actually the part I got I felt was the most overkill.   Again, I was future proofing, but I think I'd have gone just as well with the RTX 2080 Super.   I was piecing out the parts and got the Ti a while a go and was using it in my old computer till I finished this one.   If the Super had been out I'd have gone with that one.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback