Dom 3 Quick Questions Thread

Started by claes, June 15, 2013, 08:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elitesix

Oh and so far in the theme of counters...

It seems very hard to negate something your opponent does - for example, firestorm is a battlefield wide fire spell.

However, the best battlefield wide protection you can get in one spell is 50% fire resist. There is another level 9 spell that gives the other 50%, but it's harder to setup.

For the battlefield wide lightning spell, there is only one battlefield wide lightning resist, so you're stuck at 50%.

The best counters are using your own methods that are deadlier than your opponents, basically, or at least this is what I am finding. So if you're finding something hard to stop (such as thunderstrike spam), it might be best to look for something to kill him faster in addition to trying to negate the lightning damage.

Faux

Quote from: elitesix on July 09, 2013, 12:35:05 AM
However, the best battlefield wide protection you can get in one spell is 50% fire resist. There is another level 9 spell that gives the other 50%, but it's harder to setup.

For the battlefield wide lightning spell, there is only one battlefield wide lightning resist, so you're stuck at 50%.

As far as I know resists don't stack. So casting two 50% resist spells will leave you at 50%.

Phobos

Spells don't stack, though different sources of effects will stack.

eg.  Personal Regeneration will not provide extra regeneration if the commander has also cast Strength of Gaia.  It will stack with natural regeneration, a nature bless and a Ring of Regeneration.

undercovergeek

does anyone have any ideas on how to counter solar flares and banishment - im pangaea in another game and can happily launch armies of 500 but theyre getting decimated by bogarus with these 2 spells

Phobos

Spells that can increase magic resistance might help.  There are some army-wide spells high up in the alteration path that can do this.  Otherwise you are SOL.

undercovergeek

im level 8 in alteration - what have you got??

Phobos

I was thinking Army of Lead, because it also boosts the protection of units.  It gives them all protection 20 (base) and a bonus to MR.  It is Alteration 9 and requires Earth 4 or 5.

Then I remembered Antimagic, which also effects the entire battlefield.  That is in the Enchantment School at the 4th level of research and requires Astral 3.

parone

doesn't fire storm hit his units as well?