Discuss GrogCast Episode #7

Started by bayonetbrant, April 21, 2015, 06:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

http://grogheads.com/?podcast=the-grogcast-episode-7

This week, we're joined by Joel (Airborne Rifles of GrogHeads), and discuss Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations, Russian adventurism, and Christmas Cards.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Coiler

I kind of shared Joel's background with Command-lots of Fleet Command, no Harpoon, saw the game, got it, and then immediately had fun.

Mr. Bigglesworth

That was a very good podcast. Two thumbs up for the guest AR. Joel sounds as thoughtful and rational as he writes. You feel better knowing guys like that are out in the field.

Damnit Jim, you make the Russians sound like they have a case. (Yes, I know Jim is the other guy, Brant) Look, there is a big difference between Napoleon, Hitler vs the structure of a modern western democracy. The public would not support a war of conquest from NATO. That was clear until numb nuts Bush Jr took Iraq on a pretext. As for their paranoia, it seems to me they use it to further their goals. We don't seem to have a head of state that goes cruising with a biker gang. We don't use bikers as state thugs. The rest belongs in the Ukraine thread so I will leave it there.

Now for the gripe: the mp3 downloads of 7, 8 seems to be about 1/2 of the full podcast.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

bayonetbrant

Forgot to link the Chechnya lessons learned...  they're on the podcast page now, and they're here
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers