Axis and Allies Online opponents?

Started by DicedT, February 07, 2013, 06:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

Just downloaded it. Once I play a game or two vs the AI I would be happy to have a go at a PBEM game.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

MetalDog

I just turned a friend of mine on to this.  Don't ask me how, but I never got around to learning to play A&A.  If my friend likes it, I'd be willing to give it a go.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

Just talked to my friend and he told me he wasn't interested.  You still might get my interest with screenshots and an AAR.

DicedT

Metaldog, if you know how to play Axis and Allies, the computer game is the same as the board game. Once Shelldrake is ready, we can try a three-player game.

Michael

bayonetbrant

I'd try to play, but I have a website to overhaul ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Quote from: DicedT on February 12, 2013, 11:56:13 PM
Metaldog, if you know how to play Axis and Allies, the computer game is the same as the board game. Once Shelldrake is ready, we can try a three-player game.

Michael

See, that's the problem.  I never learned how to play.  I was hoping my friend would like it and then he and I could play so I could embarrass myself with someone I know rather than strangers ;)

Staggerwing

I just looked at the sourceforge page and was surprised to find that there are game variants set in what looks like the 1700's, Middle Earth, Outer Space, and more. Very Interesting. I wish I had the time to try them all out.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

DicedT

I promise you won't be embarrassed, Metaldog. Or at least not by me. I'm not that great at the game. It's pretty simple to play (kind of Risk meets historical wargame). The free online version has an AI.

Michael

undercovergeek

Quote from: DicedT on February 13, 2013, 01:06:39 PM
I promise you won't be embarrassed, Metaldog. Or at least not by me. I'm not that great at the game. It's pretty simple to play (kind of Risk meets historical wargame). The free online version has an AI.

Michael

IF its PBEM i might join in

DicedT

The free online version does have a PBEM function, I think. I haven't tried it. With the number of dice rolls in A&A, I can't imagine how that would work, unless the computer makes all the combat decisions.

Michael

MetalDog

I'm right in the middle of moving, but, once I settle in the new place, I think I will give it a go.  I'd be interested in hearing what you like about it, Michael.