Endless Space 2 Fans...

Started by Ian C, July 12, 2018, 03:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian C

You're welcome.

Quote from: Destraex on July 12, 2018, 10:04:05 AM
oops. Somebody already posted a screenshot.
P.S. Ian C what resolution is that screenshot. Mine must be huge as they always get shown so small as to be useless.

It's a reduced shot to 70% size but it was originally 1980 x 1080.

steve58

fyi:  you can control the size of the picture by adding the width parameter to the img command (e.g. [ img width=400 ] without the space after the [ and before the ]).  I usually use a width of 500 or 600.

[ img width=600 ]https://orig00.deviantart.net/a26a/f/2018/193/5/2/tyudtui_by_jack_o_tales-dch086i.jpg[/img] gets you this:

""
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Boggit

Is it the case that the AI with Endless Space 2 is really really good, or is it the case that the AI has been given loads of unfair advantages to compensate?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

bboyer66

Have to admit, all this AI difficulty talk has me wanting to get back into the game.

bboyer66

I'm guessing that the difficulty modifiers are similar to the first game.

http://endlessspace.wikia.com/wiki/Game_settings

Gusington

I feel I am getting drawn back...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rybon66

Glad I am not the only one trying to figure out how I keep getting so far behind.   In my latest game I have managed to crawl into 4th place. But I forgot to turn off the economic victory and the Federation I am in is going to win that soon.  Oh well guess it is time to start another one.

Pete Dero

Sorry.   Messed up and posted in wrong thread.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pete Dero on July 13, 2018, 09:01:48 AM

Trump had said in the interview: "I believe that the people in the UK – Scotland, Ireland ... they like me a lot."

Conservative member of parliament Sarah Wollaston said Trump was "determined to insult" May and added: "The divisive, dog-whistle rhetoric in his Sun interview is repulsive. If signing up to the Trump world view is the price of a deal, it's not worth paying."

Ben Bradshaw, Labour member of parliament, wrote: "Our prime minister is so weak she still rolls out the red carpet for a man who does nothing but insult her. Humiliating."

Former leader of the Labour party Ed Miliband tweeted a link to a news story about Trump's comment, and said: "The theory that if we are nice to Trump he'll be nice to us doesn't seem to be going brilliantly..."

Darren Jones, Labour MP for Bristol North West, echoed those sentiments, writing: "Well this has gone well then. What a humiliating week for Britain"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/13/mps-voice-outrage-at-repulsive-donald-trump-broadside-against-theresa-may

Now I know liberals have become totally unhinged. Get a grip dude. You don't even know where you are.. :crazy2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 12, 2018, 08:54:34 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on July 12, 2018, 08:26:05 AM
I started playing a game last night after picking this up on Fanatical.

I've had issues "getting into" the Endless games but I got hooked yesterday to the point of having to pull myself away to get some sleep.

Is the game mod-friendly? If the AI cheats like some are saying be smoothed out a bit?

I guess the issue I see in the time I put in is the AI can do everything as efficiently as possible. For example I colonized a new system fairly early but I had a quest that I needed to upgrade my garrison strength to 800. I didn't realize that once your outpost becomes a colony it slashed your garrison strength so now I'm way behind on that quest.

Yeah. I have the same issue. I've never come close really to having 800+ manpower. Just last night, I saw a rival empire reached 3,000 MP!? How the heck did they pull that off? Another empire around the same time was the first to colonize 8 worlds...really? How?

No matter where I prioritize my research, development and expansion, I am always behind. It sometimes takes awhile to even realize how unbalanced things are because it sometimes takes a long time to make contact with a rival empire and then sometimes its even longer before there is a confrontation. I had the same issue with Endless Space 1. Eventually, I just gave up...it didn't matter how slick and cool the game was.
I've had the same problem with the first game as well. I ended up playing on easy.... ::)

solops

How is combat in ES2?  I disliked ES1 just because of the combat. There was no real control. You picked one of three "cards" and then watched the same boring video clip repeatedly play itself. It was basically rock-scissors-paper auto-combat. I found it trivial and boring. If they fixed that then ES2 might be OK.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

There's a little more variety but it is still fundamentally rock-paper-scissors.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

The combat is a bit more involved, but it's basically like a sports manager game: choose your fleet composition, pick tactics and watch the result play out (or auto-resolve with no visuals). If you watch, the battle is played out in real-time and accurately modeled. There are several different viewing modes - scan mode, tactics overview, free cam, etc. Clicking on one ship will also latch the cam onto it.

Strategy for fleet battles comprises of four things which determine its outcome: ship design, tactics used, use of flotillas and the fleet commander (hero).
You start with 3 tactics cards but unlock slots for more and gain more cards through research. you can also change the order and use per battle with the 'advanced' option.

More here:
http://endless-space-2.wikia.com/wiki/Combat

solops

Quote from: Ian C on July 14, 2018, 04:53:07 AM
the battle is played out in real-time and accurately modeled.
That  ^ and a few more "cards" ( I HATE that term - sounds like a card game not a wargame) might make it palatable, given how well the rest of the game is probably done ( at least as well as ES1, right?). I might grab it the next time it is 80% off. Might not. I already own a lot of good games I've never played.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin