Age of Empires 4 Announced

Started by Gusington, August 21, 2017, 06:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

On my phone so I can't link, but it looks like AoE4 will be developed by Relic and published by Microsoft. No word of a release date yet, or features, for that matter.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

http://www.pcgamer.com/age-of-empires-iv-announced/

Being done by RELIC and published by microsoft
Company of heroes 2 in ancient times?
I wonder if microsoft will pull a swifty and this is a halo like snare to ensure we download microsofts windows 10 game centre.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

jomni

Hmm.  Covers a lot of eras from Ancients to pre-industrialisation.

ComradeP

I fear the game will be quite unlike the AoE 1 and 2, though if it's a bit like CoH the fans of 3 might find it appealing.

There's also the smell of "limited initial content, the rest is DLC" that Relic spreads, though.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

AchillesLastStand

https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2017-22-08-age-of-empires-4-coming-from-relic-entertainment-first-three-games-getting-definitive-edition-remasters

"During the same livestream, Microsoft also announced a release date for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, the remastered version of the first game as October 19 - and confirmed that Definitive Editions of Age of Empires 2 and 3 were also in production".

Greybriar

I will probably buy it if it is more like Age of Empires II and less like Age of Empires III.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Gusington

Yeah I really didn't like AoE III either, and I bought the big honkin' collectors edition/physical copy. I was not pleased :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

vyshka

Quote from: jomni on August 21, 2017, 09:59:25 PM
Hmm.  Covers a lot of eras from Ancients to pre-industrialisation.

I don't think they haven't stated yet what it will cover. I think the announcement video was just showing eras covered by previous games.

Hopefully Relic will try to stay true to the series and not try to make it along the lines of Company of Heroes, or Dawn of War.