Origins 2017 (June 14-18), Columbus OH

Started by bayonetbrant, June 24, 2016, 08:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Get your excuses cranked up now!

Origins 2017 is in June, and in case you missed how much fun we had this past year, let's just say you won't want to miss it next year.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

Where do you guys normally stay for this? A lot of the (close) hotels are already full and the few that aren't want full payment up front with no chance of refund if you need to cancel!  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Stay somewhere up High St closer to the Ohio St campus.  School is out then, and the hotels will have space.  You can hop the #2 bus down High St and there's like 3-4 stops along the side of the convention center you can use.  The #2 bus runs every 10-12 minutes or so, and is a well-used and well-traveled line.  It's about a 10-minute ride (maybe) from campus to the convention center on that bus.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Barthheart

mirth

mirth

Maybe I'll just spend the entire time drinking at whatever hotel I end up at.

Barthheart

mirth

Staggerwing

Quote from: Barthheart on October 17, 2016, 07:54:18 PM
Yer welcome to sleep on my floor.

Isn't that a line from the 'Three's company' theme song?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 17, 2016, 08:00:34 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on October 17, 2016, 07:54:18 PM
Yer welcome to sleep on my floor.

Isn't that a line from the 'Three's company' theme song?

Is that your way of getting in on the room?

Barthheart

mirth

Barthheart

If ya can get yer ass to Ottawa, you can drive down with us too.