IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Discussion

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 28, 2013, 06:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Note to self, time to re-install BoX! (Or GB or whatever the current IL-2 is called.)  :D

See it rise into the sky
the hand so heavily it flies
before it takes away their lives!

There is no plan
for the shatter
hand

(One of these days I should figure out how to do custom decals so I can properly nickname my He-111 "Old Shatterhand".)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Dammit Carl!

JasonPratt

Alas, there isn't much on sale right now for BoX on Steam, and I've got what's on sale already.

Still, I picked up Kuban the last time it was on sale, so at least I'll have updated airframes if I play that map on mp; and I've got practically all the German premium craft now (including the Italian superfighter), except for the "Duck" and the cargo hauler (which I'll buy sometime for the campaigns but not for multiplayer.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

W8taminute

Quote from: Tuna on October 17, 2019, 08:19:37 AM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on October 17, 2019, 07:53:59 AM
I'm down for a gunner position! 

You can help JP navigate home. Been there, down that!

Actually that's a very good point.  You don't have to fly if you are intimidated by learning all those controls and procedures.  Simply team up with a fellow Grog and defend his plane in a gunner position.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Barthheart

Quote from: W8taminute on October 17, 2019, 03:10:17 PM
Quote from: Tuna on October 17, 2019, 08:19:37 AM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on October 17, 2019, 07:53:59 AM
I'm down for a gunner position! 

You can help JP navigate home. Been there, down that!

Actually that's a very good point.  You don't have to fly if you are intimidated by learning all those controls and procedures.  Simply team up with a fellow Grog and defend his plane in a gunner position.   8)

Oh... I could probably handle that.  :crazy2:

JasonPratt

I often fly bombers with many gunner positions!  :D

(I also do my best to avoid being shot at by enemy fighters, so it can get kind of boring as Tuna and W8 can attest.)

JasonPratt

I have, however, been considering learning to fly Bf-110 and Stuka craft, and those can get into much more trouble with enemy fighters.

Tuna

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 17, 2019, 04:22:51 PM
I have, however, been considering learning to fly Bf-110 and Stuka craft, and those can get into much more trouble with enemy fighters.

110 is a blast.. great ground attack plane.. and the later version has beefier engines.

Stuka, is a pig.

Millipede

Okay... General Notice... I screwed up and not the first time (I think the other time was in the summer of '56 when I was 10ish  ;D). In my enthusiasm for the sale I managed to purchase another copy of Battle of Stalingrad (not stupid, just enthusiastic). Anyway, I've got an activation key that I have no use for... Anyone interested? First PM wins.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Tuna on October 17, 2019, 04:29:23 PM

110 is a blast.. great ground attack plane.. and the later version has beefier engines.

Stuka, is a pig.

You're doing it wrong.  None of the planes you mentioned is a Tempest.  Until a Lancaster or a Halifax is released I don't think I'm going to touch anything else.  Got 5 kills in a single sortie last night in my 1st online session since Tuna and so bombed some railyards about a year ago.

Tuna

Don't own Bodenplatte. or however it's  spelled.. not gonna spend 70 bucks, or whatever they charge.. I can wait for the inevitable sale!  O0

W8taminute

Quote from: Tuna on October 17, 2019, 04:29:23 PM

Stuka, is a pig.

I've flown the Stuka albeit against no human opposition in an underpopulated server however it's not that bad a plane.  It has it's flying quirks but once you learn them it's a great precision dive bomber.  Just pray there aren't any enemy fighters in the air with you. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Tuna on October 17, 2019, 04:46:08 PM
Don't own Bodenplatte. or however it's  spelled.. not gonna spend 70 bucks, or whatever they charge.. I can wait for the inevitable sale!  O0

You'll enjoy it, it's got some great planes.   I particularly love the Tempest and FW190 D-9.   The Me-262 is really interesting too. 

Having trouble with the P-51D, mostly because most fights tend to get close to the deck in the game and it's not the best plane at low altitude.   Get it up high where you get the whistle of death going and it's fun, just super unforgiving at times.

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Millipede

Quote from: Millipede on October 17, 2019, 04:37:03 PM
Okay... General Notice... I screwed up and not the first time (I think the other time was in the summer of '56 when I was 10ish  ;D). In my enthusiasm for the sale I managed to purchase another copy of Battle of Stalingrad (not stupid, just enthusiastic). Anyway, I've got an activation key that I have no use for... Anyone interested? First PM wins.

All gone. RommelFox got it.

RommelFox

Quote from: Millipede on October 17, 2019, 06:28:18 PM
Quote from: Millipede on October 17, 2019, 04:37:03 PM

All gone. RommelFox got it.

Thank you !   :bd:

I finally won something in life!  :dreamer:
My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs