Carrier (Solitaire, VG)

Started by BanzaiCat, August 06, 2013, 11:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJK

Sure Brant.  I made several modules a few years back and then hadn't messed with it at all until fairly recently so most of the newer enhancements are a bit beyond me at this point.  However, if you needed a simple but functional module for playtesting (that could later be built upon), then sure, I could give you a hand.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bayonetbrant

I'll email you later today after work.  thanks
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Grimnirsson

Gary...:o

Man, I would love to have such an eASLRB. Hiimori and I consider getting back into ASL after a longer break and such a searchable eRB would help a lot of course...

Regarding the official MMP eASLRB...I just say 'Project Up Front 2000'  :P
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Toonces

Does ZunTsu enforce the rules, or is it just another type of Vassal/Cyberboard?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GJK

Quote from: Toonces on August 08, 2013, 09:47:18 PM
Does ZunTsu enforce the rules, or is it just another type of Vassal/Cyberboard?

It's another VASSAL/CB but I think that it has the slickest way of operating and with controls that are more like a computer game (no scroll bars that you have to use, you can zoom and pan rather easily).  Plus, it's super easy to make a gamebox for.  Worth a look in my opinion!
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

hurryover

I have this, but I will be playing for the first time next week on Vassal. I am still reading the rules. I am feigning for the Pacific as of late.

Dolan50

If your interested in Pacific WW2 carrier battles,you may want to check out the free online game Fighting Flattops.
I haven't played it in a while because my gaming interest is now East Front WW2,but the game was fun and I even designed a few hypothetical what if campaigns for he game.

It's turned based against a human opponent and based roughly on the game Flattop by Avalon Hill.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

BanzaiCat

Barthheart

mirth

Every time a counter is trimmed, an angel gets its wings.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

These counters aren't centered, which kind of sucks.

mirth

Yeah. That's a crappy print job.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Rekim

If the offset bothers you, there are a number of versions of print and play upgrade counters out there on the interwebs. Plus a cool upgrade of the map.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Rekim on January 20, 2017, 06:43:14 PM
Plus a cool upgrade of the map.

Would that be Gary's upgrade you're talking about?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

I think that's what he's referring to. I d/l'd the VASSL module today and took a brief look - it's sharp!

There's 780 flippin' counters in this game! I only just got done with the US fleet just now...sigh.