Firefly: The Boardgame

Started by BanzaiCat, August 18, 2013, 06:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

We almost picked this up in our local 'Forbidden Planet' store last week, since both Mrs.B and I are big Firefly fans. Problem is getting her off WoW long enough to play it.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bob48 on January 22, 2014, 11:16:31 AM
Problem is getting her off WoW long enough to play it.

Is that some kind of randy Brit slang? ;)

bob48

What, WoW?

World of Warcraft. MMPORPG thingie. ;)

'Clip those corners'

BanzaiCat

I know, I know...I was trying to turn it into something depraved.  8)

bob48

That's not like you B_C.

I'm sure we could think of something without too much effort though  ;)

'Clip those corners'

Arctic Blast

One word of warning for anyone looking to get this : You'd better have a big table. You've got the 6 panel foldout board. Each player has a board, and will need room for active jobs, crew cards, money, and to tuck in contact cards under the top to represent which once you're in with.

And then there are the decks of cards. 5 contact decks for missions and 5 supply decks from different places to hire crew and buy gear. And you need access to both the draw and discard piles, so you need more space. Multiple stacks of money in three denominations. The Aim to Misbehave deck. Two different travel decks with discard piles. The scenario card, and the Reaper Cutter and Alliance Cruiser cards. It takes up an entire table.

BanzaiCat

It looks like it has a huge footprint from the videos people have posted. You have the game, AB?

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 22, 2014, 05:31:32 PM
It looks like it has a huge footprint from the videos people have posted. You have the game, AB?

Yes indeed. It is a fun game, but know that it's basically a Pick Up and Deliver game. There is certainly adventure involved, but you're running a Firefly-class ship and transporting stuff around for the most part. It can also drag a bit, but you can easily shorten game length by just deciding that the first to hit the 2nd or even 1st mark on a Scenario card wins the game.

As for the footprint, my gaming table is about 4.5 feet by almost 3 feet. There isn't room for more than 2 player boards on that table once everything else is set up.  :o

undercovergeek

just took a pic for you guys at Toy Fair in London - it was on the Battlefront Minatures stand - its massive, 4 guys round it and a huge area needed - looks great

waiting for pic to upload

Windigo

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 23, 2014, 10:28:53 AM
just took a pic for you guys at Toy Fair in London - it was on the Battlefront Minatures stand - its massive, 4 guys round it and a huge area needed - looks great

waiting for pic to upload

OK, this was over 5 hours ago... WTF?
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bob48

He'll be too busy drooling over the thought of HoI4. I'll give him a slap if no piccies soon  >:(

'Clip those corners'

Windigo

Quote from: bob48 on January 23, 2014, 04:03:18 PM
He'll be too busy drooling over the thought of HoI4. I'll give him a slap if no piccies soon  >:(

Hey BoB..... no pub tonight?
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bob48

Quote from: Windigo on January 23, 2014, 04:05:44 PM
Quote from: bob48 on January 23, 2014, 04:03:18 PM

Hey BoB..... no pub tonight?

Nope. I got dem, DIY home improvement blues.................

'Clip those corners'

undercovergeek

As promised - sorry for tardiness

Nefaro

Holy BejesusJangles! 

And the board looked so small!  Must've been out of necessity!  :o