Main Menu

DCS F/A-18C

Started by Jarhead0331, July 03, 2017, 11:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

mmm. It's not showing in my module manager. I have 2.5.1.16978 installed and the shortcut says it's DCS World OpenBETA

Aaahh....
Requires DCS World version 2.5.2 or above!

Well my updater isn't "updating". So I'm sitting on 2.5.1 and so don't have access to Persian Gulf yet.

Updating manually running DCS_Updater update @openbeta and is currently installing 2.5.2
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 23, 2018, 12:16:09 PM
mmm. It's not showing in my module manager. I have 2.5.1.16978 installed and the shortcut says it's DCS World OpenBETA

Aaahh....
Requires DCS World version 2.5.2 or above!

Well my updater isn't "updating". So I'm sitting on 2.5.1 and so don't have access to Persian Gulf yet.

Updating manually running DCS_Updater update @openbeta and is currently installing 2.5.2

The DCS Updater GUI Utility (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053)

I use this app to manage my updates (select advanced update options) so you no longer need to use the manual method.

JudgeDredd

Thanks. But I knew about that - I just didn't like that tool

8GB download installed - now the 13GB map  <:-)
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 23, 2018, 04:18:11 PM
Thanks. But I knew about that - I just didn't like that tool

8GB download installed - now the 13GB map  <:-)

I'm installing the map right now too...

Really, really wish I had a hornet to fly over it with.  :'(
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Downloading as well...I can't wait to see how this thing performs on the new machine...although I suck at the game so dont expect that to change....

JudgeDredd

This map is simply stunning and I'm hugely impressed with how smooth flying it is. The cities look very populated with a huge amount of varied buildings and yet flying low level is smooth as silk.

I love this
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

Their new terrain and rendering tech is awesome indeed.
If you haven't yet, flying on Normandy is much better these days as well!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 24, 2018, 03:51:36 AM
Their new terrain and rendering tech is awesome indeed.
If you haven't yet, flying on Normandy is much better these days as well!
I don't really have much of a desire to buy the Normandy map. I know you can fly anything on it, but I have no desire to get into anything WWII related in DCS.
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

my download took forever last night so couldn't really play it....hope to get some time tonight, but does look nice.

Jarhead0331

I had some trouble setting up a quick mission. When using the advanced settings, I couldn't generate a mission because it kept telling me there was no aerodrome in the region I selected? I was able to generate missions fine if I didn't use the advanced options menu. Weird.

Anyway, the one mission I flew was over a region that was mostly desert, and would you believe it was raining!? Pouring! Nevertheless, it was all still so fantastic.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

I had an issue with the quick mission. I managed initially to get one going, but the second time I created one, I selected the advanced options and when I went to fly, it hung around 70% loading. Ended up quiting and going to bed.

I created a mission using the Mission Editor this morning with some simple waypoints and it worked great. I don't know the city I flew over (Dubai?) but it was stunning.
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

Grim.Reaper

A little bit of discomfort being show by Steam users....sounds like they were able to bump up the release for Steam to June 1st, but doing that somehow does not allow them to provide a discount to those users which was previously indicated.  I guess the good news is they do get it sooner, but probably some disappointed no discount until some future sale comes along.  For me I bought through the developer, which I plan to do going forward if I buy anything else.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=209863

mbar

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 28, 2018, 05:32:06 PM
For me I bought through the developer, which I plan to do going forward if I buy anything else.

I'm doing the same. The publishers module manager has improved and I find it more user friendly now.

Grim.Reaper

Bummed that I need to work late tomorrow night on release day....I guess I will need to read impressions and have envy until I get home.  Although I guess no hurry since it will take me forever to learn how to fly this thing, or event get it off the ground:)