Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: Radio Commander...
« Last post by jamus34 on Today at 04:46:23 AM »
I would love to see a game that focus on the higher level theatre management that has an almost RPG feel to it.

In that you are limited to what information you get on your own, you have call it initiative points that will let you listen / see certain intelligence however otherwise you have to trust your staff. And that staff has skill,, bias’s and talents that can help or hinder you.

I guess it would be an amalgamation of DC Barbarossa, CK2 and any theatre wargame.
« Last post by Hofstadter on Today at 03:55:31 AM »
This looks real cool, hopefully it turns out well.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Its Friday!
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 02:58:47 AM »
You’re doing it wrong.
« Last post by jomni on Today at 02:46:39 AM »
Hope this game is more than just a scripted “choose your own adventure”
« Last post by Destraex on Today at 02:33:49 AM »
The first, and maybe most important rule, is never say 'REPEAT" on a radio circuit.
You would ask Say Again.
Repeat is a Gunfire command, meaning the last call (One gun, three rounds - Fire for Effect) for fire is to be repeated.

Correct. Does the game use incorrect RATEL?
« Last post by FlickJax on Today at 02:20:46 AM »
The very old 16-bit strategy game Waterloo did something similar too.  Your orders were not carried out immediately; they had to be carried by messengers who had a physical presence on the battlefield and could be shot enroute.

Yeah had this, didnt give it a lot of time though :(
Computer Wargaming / Re: Its Friday!
« Last post by Anguille on Today at 02:10:39 AM »
I will try to finish my first Stellaris campaign....i am at about 2350. I have rank 3 way behind a couple of fallen Empires and wonder how it's possible to catch up with their score (i have 6'000ish and they have somehing like 25'000 points).

With the new patch, i started a new campaign of Stars in Shadow.

Otherwise, i think i'll continue my campaigns in Imperium Romanum and Caesar IV (the first time i play the campaign, ever!)
« Last post by Huw the Poo on Yesterday at 11:45:04 PM »
The very old 16-bit strategy game Waterloo did something similar too.  Your orders were not carried out immediately; they had to be carried by messengers who had a physical presence on the battlefield and could be shot enroute.
Computer Wargaming / Its Friday!
« Last post by paplan on Yesterday at 10:32:21 PM »
Well at least US East Coast.

A bit of a change up on the vocals this week.  The old guys will like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChONufP0FEs

Me, I'm off until Tuesday am.

Sid Meiers Beyond Earth
SC WWII World at War
Deity Empires

and NFL conference champ games on Sunday.
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Film Genre Popularity over the
« Last post by airboy on Yesterday at 10:20:51 PM »
I think there is a systematic error in the data.  Disney animated movies are the modern "musical."  They have lots of songs tied to the story and are often centered around romantic themes.  But I'm doubting they are counted as musicals.

Also, the count does not seem to distinguish between wide releases and art house releases.  Look at the number of "documentaries."  The number of them that play outside of the largest cities which have art house film theaters is pretty nil.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10