Reflections of a grumpy, middle-aged gamer

Started by Toonces, May 15, 2020, 07:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

My name translates to 'Crack' in english, so the first captain I flew with when I was based in Liverpool wanted to confirm with me if I really wanted to be introduced like this?  :2funny:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

We stayed on topic for almost 6 pages.  That's a good run for Grogheads!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Martok

^  I'd call that a flat-out miracle!  ;D 

Quote from: Vintage Dude on May 23, 2020, 04:49:00 PM
This thread took a WEIRD turn.
Eh, par for the course.  If threads around here *don't* take a weird turn, something has gone wrong.  :P 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Martok on May 23, 2020, 07:27:53 PM
Eh, par for the course.  If threads around here *don't* take a weird turn, something has gone wrong.  :P

You called?

May I tickle anyone's dongle tonight?
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

Yeah, it's kinda like watching NASCAR around here.  You know sooner or later somebody's gonna do something to cause a complete multi-car smash-up to occur. Just don't when.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Vintage Dude

Usually, the threads that last the longest are the ones that go off-topic. It's fun to go back and see the exact post that took it off topic. Also, it's interesting to see how far the thread wanders off of the original topic. Some just wander off a little and others get to a point where the original topic is unrecognizable.

Sir Slash

Some wander off-topic, then some go there Warp 8. Meanwhile, back to Yskonyn's Crack...
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."