General banter (out of character, non RP)

Started by Yskonyn, April 06, 2018, 11:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Be aware that the currently updated Lance-building instructions are a little out of order in some parts!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

NickAragua

FYI, the version of MekHQ you've got throws an exception when exporting prsx files.

The exception, if you're interested, occurs regardless of who is selected.
[spoiler]
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.util.UnknownFormatConversionException: Conversion = '_'
   at java.util.Formatter.checkText(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.Formatter.parse(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.Formatter.format(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.String.format(Unknown Source)
   at mekhq.gui.FileDialogs.savePersonnel(FileDialogs.java:59)
   at mekhq.gui.CampaignGUI.savePersonFile(CampaignGUI.java:2295)
   at mekhq.gui.CampaignGUI.miExportPersonActionPerformed(CampaignGUI.java:1785)
[/spoiler]

I was able to export the campaign from the latest dev version (well, technically, I built it directly from the latest commits to source control) and export the prsx file that way. Attached to the post. Noting that prsx files don't seem to support exporting mechs, but I made a note of which mechs who drives, so it can be reconstructed easily.

Got a mixed bag lance. On the one hand, all jump capable (Wolverine, 2x Griffin, Ostscout), which is great for AtB. And two veterans. On the other hand, two ultra-green scrub rookies that should barely be trusted with Locusts. So... training assignment for a while until they get up to regular?

Yskonyn

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 31, 2019, 08:32:30 PM
Be aware that the currently updated Lance-building instructions are a little out of order in some parts!

Is it causing trouble with rolling your Lance?
Do you have suggestions for a better flow?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Quote from: NickAragua on January 31, 2019, 08:59:25 PM
FYI, the version of MekHQ you've got throws an exception when exporting prsx files.

The exception, if you're interested, occurs regardless of who is selected.
[spoiler]
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.util.UnknownFormatConversionException: Conversion = '_'
   at java.util.Formatter.checkText(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.Formatter.parse(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.String.format(Unknown Source)
   at mekhq.gui.FileDialogs.savePersonnel(FileDialogs.java:59)
   at mekhq.gui.CampaignGUI.savePersonFile(CampaignGUI.java:2295)
   at mekhq.gui.CampaignGUI.miExportPersonActionPerformed(CampaignGUI.java:1785)
[/spoiler]

That's unfortunate! Its the latest dev build posted which had significant fixes for some other problem I cannot remember now. I guess they were able to fix some and create others. :)

I was able to export the campaign from the latest dev version (well, technically, I built it directly from the latest commits to source control) and export the prsx file that way. Attached to the post. Noting that prsx files don't seem to support exporting mechs, but I made a note of which mechs who drives, so it can be reconstructed easily.

I have absolutely no idea what this means! :D
Should we run a different version?
I know prsx files don't include Mechs. As far as I know they never did.
You can post your Mechs in the Roll Results thread. I'll add them manually. Trying to import MUL files has caused issues before as well, so the safest way is just to crunch the data manually unfortunately.
Its a little more work, but once we're set things get easier.

QuoteGot a mixed bag lance. On the one hand, all jump capable (Wolverine, 2x Griffin, Ostscout), which is great for AtB. And two veterans. On the other hand, two ultra-green scrub rookies that should barely be trusted with Locusts. So... training assignment for a while until they get up to regular?

Ha! The Gods of RNG smiled upon you until they realised equilibrium has to be established to oppose those veteran rolls.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Quote from: Yskonyn on February 01, 2019, 04:55:12 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on January 31, 2019, 08:32:30 PM

Is it causing trouble with rolling your Lance?
Do you have suggestions for a better flow?

I've been able to figure out things so far, but I may submit a rewritten flow so that topics occur in the correct order of their appearance during the process.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Yskonyn

NickAragua

Ok, prsx earlier in the thread, mechs posted in rolls thread. Anything else I should do?

Yskonyn

Nope, I am adding your Lance to the game right now.

The first contract with the Lyrans has been completed. We have secured some Salvage and captured a prisoner. We need to discuss what we want to do with the prisoner. We can put her up for ransom, we can try to get intel from her, we can enslave her or we can kill her. Let's vote.

We also need to get back to a contract world in order to secure a new gig. Galatea is the obvious choice, but we run the risk there of running into Marian officals.

So on this, we also need to have a discussion. Let's take it into the Officer's Quarters.

Jason, are you close to ready to submit your Lance? We are also expecting another player to join us shortly.

Yskonyn

New campaign save uploaded (see downloads thread).

Place the file in your MekHQ\campaigns\Goodwills Grogheads\ folder and load this as a campaign in MekHQ to review the lastest gamestate.

Yskonyn

Another player has contacted me on the BattleTech forums. I am waiting to see if he joins before we go ahead.
Should be a few days at most. Then we continue.

Yskonyn

I haven't heard back from the other player, so we'll be going forward. Expect a new mission shortly.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Yskonyn on February 02, 2019, 06:43:58 AM
Jason, are you close to ready to submit your Lance? We are also expecting another player to join us shortly.

I have been criminally lax on this, which I cannot understand since this game should be like crack to me.  ???

I'm actually glad to see that the game is going on without me! -- though I'd like to see an AAR of the fights somehow. (None of the threads seem right for that?)

I'll join up eventually.  O:-)

Yskonyn

I didn't mean you with 'the other player'. If I did I would just have mentioned 'the lax Pratt'. 😊

Snimm

Um.  Was I supposed to submit an entire company or just a lance?

Yskonyn

A lance for now.
We started out with a company but it got too unwieldy fast.