"Bloody" Day at ESPN today

Started by bayonetbrant, April 26, 2017, 10:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 01, 2018, 03:05:10 PM
Quote from: mirth on July 01, 2018, 02:10:06 PM
I'd rather listen to pretty much anyone else than Le Batard. Maybe even Jim Rome.

I'd put on static before Rome.

So you'd listen to Le Batard.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

You people are entirely too highbrow for me.  I love Rome's radio show more than LeBatard's!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on July 01, 2018, 10:39:50 PM
You people are entirely too highbrow for me.

Says the NPR listener.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Quote from: mirth on July 02, 2018, 06:39:43 AM

Says the NPR listener.

All Things Considered is direct from Democratic Party HQ.  It's mostly crap.  The Terry Gross interview show is good, when it's not political.  There's a local music show that is just killer and weird, The Invisible City.  A couple of other things are interesting if I catch them, but nothing consistently.  So, :P

airboy

Quote from: MetalDog on July 02, 2018, 10:13:58 PM

Says the NPR listener.

All Things Considered is direct from Democratic Party HQ.  It's mostly crap.  The Terry Gross interview show is good, when it's not political.  There's a local music show that is just killer and weird, The Invisible City.  A couple of other things are interesting if I catch them, but nothing consistently.  So, :P

Comrade!  You must listen to Radio Pravda News!

MetalDog

Quote from: airboy on July 03, 2018, 09:38:59 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on July 02, 2018, 10:13:58 PM

Says the NPR listener.

Comrade!  You must listen to Radio Pravda News!

I find that listening to NPR sharpens my bullshi* detector.  Occasionally, there's some choice nuggets. ;)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy