Main Menu

I remember FRIDAY

Started by Martok, January 05, 2018, 01:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 06, 2018, 08:38:29 PM
Quote from: Anguille on January 06, 2018, 04:59:10 PM
Excellent song choice!

Jarhead and Martok, you inspire me to play BotF and MOO3 again. While i still play BotF from time to time, i haven't touched MOO3 in years...

Just remember to apply the right mods and patches!

How do you mod it in Steam? Got as website I can reference?
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jamus34 on January 07, 2018, 07:19:59 AM
Excellent song choice!

Jarhead and Martok, you inspire me to play BotF and MOO3 again. While i still play BotF from time to time, i haven't touched MOO3 in years...

How do you mod it in Steam? Got as website I can reference?

Can't really help you on steam. My install is from the CD. However, I would imagine you would simply apply the patches to the proper location in the steam library. You'll have to do some due diligence to choose which mod is the right one for you and which patches to apply. 

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=2476.0

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=6576.0

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=16235.0
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bbmike

Quote from: Martok on January 07, 2018, 03:32:38 AM
You know, I actually owned Civ IV at one point, but I never got that into it for some reason.  (And of course, now I don't know what I did with my copy of it. >:( )

Martok, I have an extra copy on Steam I would be happy to gift you if you want it. I think it's just the base game, but hey, free!  :)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Anguille

Excellent song choice!

It's already on my computer  :bd:. My only problem with the patch is that one of the fixes changes the maps available and i only get huge maps. I would like to play on a small or medium one and am not sure where to change that to get the original choices.

Anguille

I have to say that i am understanding now why people say that Civilization IV is the best Civilization so far.

You know, I actually owned Civ IV at one point, but I never got that into it for some reason.  (And of course, now I don't know what I did with my copy of it. >:( )

I had problems getting into it as well, mostly because it's not very good looking. On my main desktop however, it looks fairly good. You can get it for cheap on GOG and Steam...i find that Warlords has a lot of nice scenarios, so i would recommend this one first. The best is to get the complete edition however imho.

Martok

Quote from: bbmike on January 07, 2018, 11:10:58 AM

Martok, I have an extra copy on Steam I would be happy to gift you if you want it. I think it's just the base game, but hey, free!  :)
Thanks pal, but I'm pretty sure it'd be wasted on me.  Like I said, I wasn't able to get into the game anyway (and I owned the Complete Edition), plus it's not like I don't already have a bunch of games I haven't spent enough time with on top of that. 

Sincerely appreciate the offer, though.  :) 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

I never picked up Expeditions: Conquistador but I just played about an hour of Expeditions: Viking and it is quite choice.  :D

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd