Graviteam's TANK WARFARE: Tunisa 1943 due out on STEAM in May 2017

Started by Staggerwing, April 18, 2017, 12:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Thanks for the heads up PD.  I've had this and Mius Front on my Steam wish list for awhile now.  How do  they compare? Better to hold out for a Mius Front sale or grab Tunisia now?  My game buying budget has its limitations.

Grim.Reaper

wow, that is a good deal..thinking about it myself even though I find it hard to grasp these games....

Moreb

Quote from: Rayfer on October 09, 2017, 02:29:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up PD.  I've had this and Mius Front on my Steam wish list for awhile now.  How do  they compare? Better to hold out for a Mius Front sale or grab Tunisia now?  My game buying budget has its limitations.

That all depends on which theater you like? Both games function the exact same. One is East Front Soviets vs. Germans and the other is desert warfare that is anything but flat and barren featuring Germans vs. Green Americans. The DLC to Tank Warfare features the British.

$10 is a STEAL for how much gaming time this game delivers.
When dongles fly? - mirth

demjansk1942

Grim.Reaper

If you don't own the game, or want to complete your DLC....you can get the game and all DLC for only $4.99...pretty good deal.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/tank-warfare-bundle

88mmkwk

Thanks for the alert - one helluva bargain!  Picked it up today and even got an additional summer sale 10% discount (fifty cents - YAY!), so total cost was $4.49...WOW!

This is my first Graviteam game beyond GTOS, so I've got some UI difference to learn....Fun stuff!
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

-budd-

Quote from: 88mmkwk on August 24, 2019, 01:11:35 PM
Thanks for the alert - one helluva bargain!  Picked it up today and even got an additional summer sale 10% discount (fifty cents - YAY!), so total cost was $4.49...WOW!

This is my first Graviteam game beyond GTOS, so I've got some UI difference to learn....Fun stuff!
Here's a link to a learners guide for TWT   https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/tank-warfare-tunisia-1943-fgm-learners-guide.29897/

You have to sign up to download.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

smittyohio

My biggest issues when trying any of the Graviteam games, outside of just coming to grips with the interface, is that so many of the battles seem to be in twilight or night.   Is that just me being unlucky, or is it common? 

Moreb

Quote from: smittyohio on August 24, 2019, 07:56:18 PM
My biggest issues when trying any of the Graviteam games, outside of just coming to grips with the interface, is that so many of the battles seem to be in twilight or night.   Is that just me being unlucky, or is it common?

You can change that setting. Certain battles had more night engagements and the system models this.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Pete Dero

al_infierno

If only I didn't already own every Graviteam game and DLC... oh well... looks like now I need to find the time to play them...
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

MengJiao

Quote from: al_infierno on August 29, 2019, 02:58:23 PM
If only I didn't already own every Graviteam game and DLC... oh well... looks like now I need to find the time to play them...

Did some Tank Warfare:

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose