Passing of Jim Cobb??!!??

Started by Cyrano, February 13, 2018, 11:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Damn. Influenza got both of them. :(

Sir Slash

The Flu is not to be futzed around with, particularly this year's. I got the Flu Vaccine every year for free as a nurse and when I retired I thought I probably no longer needed it so I passed on it. That year I got a case of the Flu so bad I wanted to die. I was sick for about 2 weeks. To make matters worse, my doctor gave me Codeine for my coughing and it apparently makes me crazy as a Shit-House Rat.  :idiot2:  Sometimes a Flu bug will hit you all at once with a high fever and body aches but be gone in a day or two. Other times it's less acute but causes a lot more respiratory problems-- thems the ones you got to watch out for. And the over-the-counter stuff will only help so much usually.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

I got this back from Cobb's sister-in-law after sending them the link to the article & thread over here at GH

QuoteThank you so much for sharing this beautiful tribute for Jim. Andrew & I both appreciate you & all the grogheads
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 26, 2018, 12:34:16 PM
I got this back from Cobb's sister-in-law after sending them the link to the article & thread over here at GH

QuoteThank you so much for sharing this beautiful tribute for Jim. Andrew & I both appreciate you & all the grogheads

O0
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Boggit

This is very tragic. :( RIP Jim and Angela. I greatly admired Jim's work, and he was an inspiration.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat