Origins 2017 (June 14-18), Columbus OH

Started by bayonetbrant, June 24, 2016, 08:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

What is a CPX and which one should I get into?  ;D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

You shouldn't have signed up for Fields of Despair. I hear the guy running it doesn't know what he's doing.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on May 03, 2017, 07:30:18 AM

Command Post Wargaming

There's one on THU, 2 on FRI, and one more on SAT.

I'd recommend the Friday evening one, b/c w/ nothing going on after it, it can run a little longer and it's a fun experience you can only get at a convention like this
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on May 03, 2017, 07:57:31 AM
You shouldn't have signed up for Fields of Despair. I hear the guy running it doesn't know what he's doing.

I don't either so I'll never know.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 03, 2017, 08:02:27 AM

Command Post Wargaming

I'd recommend the Friday evening one, b/c w/ nothing going on after it, it can run a little longer and it's a fun experience you can only get at a convention like this

Is it possible to attend without registering? Not sure what 'outside forces' may influence Friday evening.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on May 03, 2017, 08:20:32 AM
Quote from: mirth on May 03, 2017, 07:57:31 AM

I don't either so I'll never know.  :P

Perfect!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Barthheart

Quote from: bbmike on May 03, 2017, 08:22:24 AM

Command Post Wargaming

Is it possible to attend without registering? Not sure what 'outside forces' may influence Friday evening.

Do it! We'll all go drinking after the game...err... exercise. Great fun.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on May 03, 2017, 08:22:24 AM

Command Post Wargaming

you can always walk up with generic tokens
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

^I registered for the Friday 6pm one. If the 'outside forces' want to go as well I'll give her some of my generic tokens.  :P
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 02, 2017, 09:07:40 PM
Quote from: airboy on May 02, 2017, 08:44:04 PM
Event Registration opens tomorrow.  Be interesting to see how it goes. :-\

it's basically a 12-hour DDOS Attack

So far, truer words have never been spoken.

bayonetbrant

You've got 10000 nerds all trying to hit the same online site at the same time.

bbmike

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 03, 2017, 12:31:26 PM

Is that how it's going to be trying to actually enter the building when I get there?  :o
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on May 03, 2017, 12:38:32 PM

Is that how it's going to be trying to actually enter the building when I get there?  :o

Much, much worse

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on May 03, 2017, 12:38:32 PM

Only if you feel the need to get in the exhibit hall at 10:01am on Thursday.
If you're smart, you're already an hour into a game with us over at the Central Command at that time.

airboy

Looks like every session of Wing Leader is full.

And the "choose sessions" seems to have crashed.

Somebody flash a Star Wars babe at the nerds keeping me from registering.