Main Menu

25 or 6 to FRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, November 19, 2021, 03:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

BoC, CMO and Campaign Flashpoints.  Trying hard not to buy CM Cold War and Campaign Barbarossa in the likely futile hope that I can get a discount on them at the Christmas sale....

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

I too am trying hard to not buy CM: Cold War, as I just picked up Age of Empires IV. Before either I will be starting Greedfall, however. And probably some new Age of Empire 2 Definitive Edition campaigns...there are some great looking eastern European and Asian ones.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

DCS mostly for me...relearning the Viper and they just released some new toys for it. Maybe some Tomcat too. Need to keep up on my naval aviation game.

Otherwise, maybe some Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, Arma 3, Steel Division 2 or Star Citizen???

Everyone enjoy.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dammit Carl!

GR: Breakpoint is my new-old jam, and I'm digging it.  Getting weird things happening where "commands," just happen and things like switching weapons, or going to the map, or going prone come out of nowhere and certainly without my doing so.  So far, this ain't been a dealbreaker per se, but I wonder if this is happening to anyone else.  FWIW, I'm usually playing Breakpoint via the "Vulkan," graphics engine thingy so maybe that's the culprit.  Anyhoo, my murder hobo is killin' just fine 'cross that pretty, little island.

al_infierno

Age of Empires II just got an update and a new co-op campaign so I'll be dipping my toes into that.  Also some Combat Mission Cold War, Insurgency, and some COIN games on Tabletop Sim - mostly Cuba Libre but also looking to try out Colonial Twilight.  Oh, and some smaller scenarios on Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

MengJiao

Quote from: al_infierno on November 19, 2021, 06:11:13 PM
Age of Empires II just got an update and a new co-op campaign so I'll be dipping my toes into that.  Also some Combat Mission Cold War, Insurgency, and some COIN games on Tabletop Sim - mostly Cuba Libre but also looking to try out Colonial Twilight.  Oh, and some smaller scenarios on Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive

The COIN thing seems pretty cool -- the system seems very adaptable -- I'm looking at the WDS revamps of JTS games.  Right now Battles in North Africa...back in Tobruk.  It's great that the scenarios give the Australians all of their Italian AT guns and artillery.  As C-rated troops the Australians are going to have a hard time stopping the A-rated 2nd MG battalion (which I think had something like two survivors after a year in North Africa).  But i guess I'll see what happens.

al_infierno

Quote from: MengJiao on November 19, 2021, 08:09:13 PM

The COIN thing seems pretty cool -- the system seems very adaptable

It really is, they've released several titles since the last time I bought games from GMT pre-pandemic and I'm looking forward to trying them out.  They're even releasing a Dune style science fiction title set on Mars called Red Dust Rebellion   :o

https://www.gmtgames.com/p-893-red-dust-rebellion.aspx
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao