Tablet Gaming Re-Defined ?

Started by MIGMaster, March 20, 2013, 09:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

very cool for those that want it, i dont have any experience with them, but say now it can play Skyrim/Rome II/BF3 - how would you play these on that?

MIGMaster

Damn fine question.... I don't know how they would implement various controls. Every tablet game I've played has had a touch-screen interface, but this has the neat controller set-up.

Shelldrake

That kind of hardware must really generate some heat which can't be good for component longevity not to mention comfort.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

MIGMaster

Might be good for use as a small space heater  ;)

Toonces

I was intrigued until I saw the $1400 price tag.

Having said that, I find myself more and more in the market for something better for gaming than the Kindle Fire, but not an iPad.  Really I don't need all the stuff iPad does.

I want to lay in bed, browse grogheads, and play games that don't need to be cutting edge awesome like Skyrim, but something that I can immerse myself in like a War in the Pacific or Morrowind. 

While I have a rocking computer set up, most nights after work I'm just too tired to sit in the 'pit and game.  However if I had something I could rest on my beer belly and game on, something smaller than a laptop, I could be quite happy.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Bison

Just get an iPad Toonces and be done with it. 

TheCommandTent

http://usa.asus.com/Tablet/ASUS_Transformer_Pad/ASUS_Transformer_Pad_Infinity_TF700T/

Something like the above will do you good.  Actually most of the ASUS tablets are good.  My wife and I share one and we enjoy it.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Toonces

What can I play on something like that, though?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Bison

eyebiter

Is there a DOS or WINE type virtual machine for Android devices yet?

Shelldrake

Quote from: eyebiter on April 14, 2013, 04:33:52 PM
Is there a DOS or WINE type virtual machine for Android devices yet?

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but there is a dosbox app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fishstix.dosbox&hl=en

Free aDoxBox here.

http://code.google.com/p/adosbox/downloads/detail?name=aDosBox-v0.2.5.apk&can=2&q=#makechanges
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Bismarck

Quote from: Toonces on April 13, 2013, 01:35:29 PM
What can I play on something like that, though?

battle academy, Legion Gold, Civ Revolutions, Zulu, Tank Battle 1944, Tank Battle North Africa, Phantom Leader, History Egypt, ACW 1863, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Minecraft, Bulge, TW Battles, Blitz, World at Arms, Levee en Masse...not to mention many arcade games.
Jim Cobb

Bismarck

Jim Cobb