Combat Mission Touch Updated

Started by Bismarck, April 21, 2012, 01:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bismarck

Added a save game, better GUI, some bug fixes
Jim Cobb

Keunert

???? i really believed this game announcement was an april 1st joke.
are there any revies on this?
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Staggerwing

Quote from: Keunert on April 21, 2012, 04:36:45 PM

No Joke!
Combat Mission Touch on iTunes
Specs say iPad2 or 3 only. 1st gen ipad is not powerful enough.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Bismarck

Quote from: Keunert on April 21, 2012, 04:36:45 PM

I'm writing one. I waited for the update.
Jim Cobb

DV8

I just installed this the other day.  I have some airplane time on Monday to give it a try.  $4.99 seems like a steal compared to the PC version.
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

Bismarck

Well, there's no editor among other things but, you're right, $4.99 is a deal.
Jim Cobb

Bismarck

iews, this free update is chock full of the stuff you asked for:

What's New in Version 1.1

Save/load games in progress
    Smoother camera controls
    GUI improvements
    Performance improvements
    Toggle icons and extra feedback during the playback phase
    Optional settings
    Bug fixes

So make sure to update your app via the AppStore, play and give us your new thoughts, review and ratings!!!

The next update, 1.2, is already in the works, focussing on adding support for other devices, including the iPhone. Watch this space for more info.

Talking about valuable feedback... First off, a big thanks to all users for sharing your opinions, praise and criticism, as well as making our iOS debut a success (still listed in numerous Top 10 and Top 100 stores). Some of the feedback of course is more valuable than others, and some is downright funny. Following is an excerpt of some of the best, funniest and also most critical reviews and (in-app) feedback we've gotten over the past couple of weeks. Enjoy! (you may notice that most of the points raised are addressed by the 1.1 update)

"I can't believe this is on the iPad - I thought it was an April Fool joke when I read it in a CM forum that I subscribe to. Well done!"
    "Hi!!!!!!!! Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil I will not marry you , no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):)#?>?£€£^~£!€£~~~~<^<'hdthftdrteyhui Ol."
    "I'd like to see this variety of building shapes in CMBN"
    "Horrible don't get the interface don't like the controls I'm deleting it now"
    "great game!!! But there must be a saving function."
     "Die potatoe"
Jim Cobb

jomni

New Version can be used with the iPhone 4!!! :D

Staggerwing

I can't even imagine trying to play this on a smartphone unless you have young eyes and really skinny fingertips. It's fun, but just doable on a 9" screen. Even if the new iPhone coming out in the fall has a 4 inch (diagonal) screen it will be a heckuva lot going on in a 2 by 3.5 inch square!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

jomni

I tried the iPhone veresion.  It's too tiny.  Still doable but definitely no eye candy.

ABD

Shelldrake

Quote from: ABD on March 28, 2013, 04:20:15 PM
Still too small and buggy?

New Ouya system might be just the ticket!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell