IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Started by Johnnie, March 22, 2018, 09:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnie

Can no longer load this game on Steam.  Apparently an automatic update of Steam did it.  Any ideas on how to get it to work. Discussion for last few days on Steam and no working fixes are available.

Destraex

The devs are aware and burning the midnight oil to fix it.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Phantom

Yes, same problem here - looked at lots of "fixes" on the web but none worked. Fingers crossed!

RyanE

Something changed in one of the recent Steam updates.  Command had the same issue that it wouldn't run on Steam without jumping through some hoops.

Johnnie

Phantom

now getting DirectX error 0x887A0004, all drivers up to date, maybe my GPU (GeForce 220) isn't supported?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Phantom on March 25, 2018, 12:38:15 PM
now getting DirectX error 0x887A0004, all drivers up to date, maybe my GPU (GeForce 220) isn't supported?

Jesus, dude...that's a 10 year old card! I've got a 970 and/or a 980 I'll sell you cheap. Make me a reasonable offer.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

Isn't a 220 one of those mobile laptop cards?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 26, 2018, 12:34:35 AM
Isn't a 220 one of those mobile laptop cards?

No. It's for desktops, but it's very obsolete. They typically only come with 1gb of DDR3 and are only dx10 capable. I think you can get them used for under $20.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tuna

I have a GTX 660, it does fine on most of the stuff I play. But I fear it might not be enough for the new DCS

Phantom

Yes, its an old card, though I'm mainly a strategy gamer so its OK for about 90% of what I play. It does get pushed on flight sims & road race games however (though it does keep the room warm) so I've traded it in for a GTX 750 Ti which gets me a few years further along the graphics path. I'll let you know how I get on with CoD.

Thanks for the offer Jarhead but I think the postage would kill it.

Phantom

Yes - new card fitted, Spitfire airborne!  :)

Tuna

steve58

nvm.  I see its already covered over in the IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad thread :-[

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover - Blitz Desert War expansion announced

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)