Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Thanks guys.  I don't know what the WASD hack is, but if it's a cheesy way to play I don't want to know!

steve58

Lol...not cheesy.  Just use the speed (ws) and rudder (ad) keys...often!
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Huw the Poo

Oh OK, haha.  Yeah I do zig zag and adjust speed often when I'm under attack or if I think a torpedo attack is likely.   O0

malize

well the thread says WOWS...so I'll share a couple of my favorite recent in your face murderizings:

https://clips.twitch.tv/AntediluvianCogentLadiesFailFish

https://clips.twitch.tv/HotStrangeConsoleTwitchRPG

Huw the Poo

The second wasn't so bad, but that first clip is disgusting.  That's exactly what I'm talking about.  If I'm in a cruiser I should want to get close to a destroyer so that my secondary guns can do their thing.  The wiki says there is a minimum range for torpedoes but I've yet to bloody find it.

MengJiao

Quote from: Huw the Poo on February 10, 2019, 05:06:33 AM
The second wasn't so bad, but that first clip is disgusting.  That's exactly what I'm talking about.  If I'm in a cruiser I should want to get close to a destroyer so that my secondary guns can do their thing.  The wiki says there is a minimum range for torpedoes but I've yet to bloody find it.

I generally try to stay far from DDs no matter what.  If I'm under 3-4 kilometers from them I should be working hard to avoid torps and/or have my own torps about to blow him up.   I only fight the robots so things might be different in PvP, but I find DDs to be the most dangerous of foes and I try to kill them first and work hard to get them before they get me -- i don't think Ive ever seen a minimum range have any effect and generally, the closer you are to a DD the more likely they are to hit you with some torps.  I generally tend to play DDs myself so I tend to fire torps from any reasonable range BUT really close seems to work really well especially against bigger ships.

malize

From the video I was right at the minimum distance, the first torp in the spread armed a split second before impact, the remaining ones doing so in sequence right behind it as they impacted.  If I had dithered just that split second longer it would've ended entirely different

But I'm also of Mengjiao's opinion, treat DD's like you are stepping around a the gaping maw of a rattlesnake den.

malize

The wiki says there is a minimum range for torpedoes but I've yet to bloody find it.

Reddit says: "With ship ones its the inner circle of the and it size varies based on how close the launcher is to the side of the ship. it is very very close to the ship, like 20m or less."

I've also read that the base of the aiming cone (the end nearest your ship as you are aiming your torps) is the min. safe.  (EDIT -- I went back and watched the first video from the point I launched the torps  the "base of the aiming cone" location *DID* end up almost exactly where the torps armed when they reached that same point, so this would seem to be good info, at least from the shooter's perspective)

Neither of these helps the guy being shot at :)

Huw the Poo

Thanks for the info mate.  20m arming range, pfft.....may as well not have one at all.

MengJiao

Gusington

That's a wacky fruity camo color scheme there.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on February 11, 2019, 08:05:41 AM
That's a wacky fruity camo color scheme there.

It's pretty dull compared to lots of "camo" out there in this game.

Gusington

I saw the promo from WoW for the Lunar New Year sale...that 'camo' was the definition of both wacky and fruity.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DennisS

Quote from: Geezer on February 07, 2019, 11:08:21 AM
Quote from: DennisS on February 07, 2019, 10:14:06 AM
Welp...I downloaded this game from Steam, and blew away my old copy. I had about 10 ships at various levels, from 5 to 8 or so. Fun starting over. I am pretty dominant in the low levels!

Another seal clubber!   :P

I can generally hit a DD moving at speed with my first salvo...this helps. No learning curve on how much to lead ships.

DennisS

Quote from: steve58 on February 09, 2019, 07:11:48 PM
Lol...not cheesy.  Just use the speed (ws) and rudder (ad) keys...often!

Like fighter pilots need to check their six. you need to adjust your speed and course every ten seconds, as a minimum.