Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

Quote from: Skoop on December 10, 2019, 01:53:32 PM
In reality, the JF17 would be flying against F22s and F35s....

....Not for long it wouldn't
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

SirAndrewD

Quote from: mikeck on December 12, 2019, 09:46:53 PM

:DD  Truth!
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mikeck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 08, 2019, 06:17:15 PM
I hate to say it, but I am really digging the JF-17. I can't really speak for it's capability or lethality in combat, because I am yet to try weapons, but I love how it handles and the glass cockpit...oh-my-God...the glass cockpit. It is amazing how much information is digitally at your finger tips. The MFDs are extremely versatile and very powerful. So easy to get information on fuel, engine operation, flight plans and navigation, stores, datalink, comms, etc. It is all there and so plainly laid out. It is no wonder current gen fighters like the F35 are very popular among its pilots. The aircraft through its advanced avionics really does become an extension of your senses.

I do wish it was a little heavier, and at the risk of sounding a bit too "'Merican", I'm not a big fan of its Pakistani and Chinese origin. Otherwise, it is a lot of fun to fly and a big change from other aircraft in DCS.

I can't fly red-air. Just can't. Cant play Russia in WW2 games. Who knows. I was a little tempted by a rare-virtually feature complete-release but the cockpit just looks "plastic-y and Nintendo-ish". I know it's how it looks in real life but I felt like I was flying that wooden Iranian stealth fighter mock-up.

It did come out in 2007 so barely makes it in under the "available in 2008" theme for DCS. So I guess it will be the newest fighter for awile. Technically? The F-22 entered service in 2005 but damn...I can't imagine how much they would have to guess at and the balance issue???? That said, I do like that they keep the barn stocked with gen 4 or lower. I feel like maybe the JF-17 is a little too new. I mean, if we can get a jf-17, why not an F-18E Superhornet? Maybe because redfor REALLY needed a high-fidelity gen 4 model other than the Mig 29

I do wish they would have just made a high fidelity version of the SU-27 and F-15 instead
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

JasonPratt

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 12, 2019, 10:23:22 PM
Quote from: mikeck on December 12, 2019, 09:46:53 PM

:DD  Truth!

Yeah the F22s and 35s would glitch a widget somewhere, and that would be the end.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mikeck

Wing flex is sexy....but damn man...can I get a working ECM jammer, HARM/maverick capability and such first?

JudgeDredd

Different department  :P
Alba gu' brath

MengJiao

JasonPratt

The Devil's Cross gets a free new cockpit!  <:-)

(...now we'll see who gets the groggy literary reference...)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Or for those people who would rather go to NewEgg and build your own cockpit...  >:D

Pete Dero

Winter Sale Begins!

Get great savings on that module you have been waiting for! The Winter sale started December 19th and runs until January 5th. Save up to 50% on most DCS World products, the only exceptions being:

DCS F/A-18 Hornet by ED - 25% off
    DCS Persian Gulf Map by ED - 25% off
    DCS: Christen Eagle II by Magnitude 3 LLC – 25% off
    DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations – 20% off
    DCS: F-16C Viper by ED – not on sale at this time
    DCS: JF-17 Thunder by Deka Ironwork Simulations - not on sale at this time
    F-86F Hunters over the Yalu Campaign by Reflected Simulations - not on sale at this time

Note that this is the first time the DCS: F-14 Tomcat will be on sale! Climb in Maverick.

Redwolf

de Havilland Mosquito?

Shut up and take my money.

mbar

Quote from: Redwolf on December 27, 2019, 05:42:04 PM
de Havilland Mosquito?

Shut up and take my money.

Right!?!? The Mosquito was made of wood so it could be manufactured quickly. Obviously it should be easier to code!!!!

Skoop

Some footie of the upcoming Kiowa warrior release.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0BdgJ25IkA0