Grilled Chicken Livers over Jasmine Rice with Lime & Cilantro

Started by airboy, January 22, 2019, 07:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I've never yet met anyone who is indifferent to liver.  People either like it, or loath it.

I made this very simple recipe tonight and it was very tasty.  For the frugal among you, it would feed 4 for about $5 total.

If interested, see:
https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/01/23/grilled-chicken-livers-with-lime-cilantro-jasmine-rice/

JasonPratt

Yeah, no. I love gizzards (and hearts) with a passion, but livers taste like gritty dirt to me. Totally different organs of course (the other two are just dark-meat muscle).

I admire anyone who can feasibly try to make livers taste better, though.  :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

I love pate.  Absolutely love it.  My wife won't touch that either.

airboy

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 22, 2019, 09:49:09 PM
Yeah, no. I love gizzards (and hearts) with a passion, but livers taste like gritty dirt to me. Totally different organs of course (the other two are just dark-meat muscle).

I admire anyone who can feasibly try to make livers taste better, though.  :coolsmiley:

My Mom would make my favorite meal on my birthday.  I usually requested beef tongue; biscuits, and strawberry/rhubarb pie.

Mom made the beef tongue in the pressure cooker and it came out as the best roast beef you could hope for.  Mom's biscuits are still the best buttermilk biscuits that I've ever eaten.  I adore strawberry-rhubarb pie as long as it is not too sweet. 

My wife is a good cook, but she is not a baker.  She absolutely refuses to make beef tongue either - but I have found a handful of obscure Mexican restaurants in Atlanta that almost make it right.

SirAndrewD

A census taker once tried to test me. 

I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback