UK Leaving the EU?

Started by BanzaiCat, June 22, 2016, 07:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jejo68

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 25, 2016, 09:15:10 PM
while this is now a bit late, it was damned funny

[yt]https://youtu.be/iAgKHSNqxa8[/yt]

Well to be fair. Everytime Denmark has had a vote on the EU the establishment has spelled doom and disaster if we voted against more EU. And everytime they have been proven dead wrong, so why on earth should we trust them ?

When we voted for or against the euro we were told it would cost thousands of jobs not to join, it didnt.
We were told the interest rates on housing loans would skyrocket so people would be forced out of there homes, it dropped instead so it actually got cheaper. 
We were told it would cost us untold billions of kr. if we didnt join, instead a study about 2 years ago concluded that had we joined, it would actually have costed us more then 350B kr.
and so on and so on

So again, why should we the ordinary people trust the bankers, and politicians when clearly they dont know fuck about what they talk about.

Boggit

Quote from: jejo68 on June 29, 2016, 07:59:44 AM

Well to be fair. Everytime Denmark has had a vote on the EU the establishment has spelled doom and disaster if we voted against more EU. And everytime they have been proven dead wrong, so why on earth should we trust them ?

When we voted for or against the euro we were told it would cost thousands of jobs not to join, it didnt.
We were told the interest rates on housing loans would skyrocket so people would be forced out of there homes, it dropped instead so it actually got cheaper. 
We were told it would cost us untold billions of kr. if we didnt join, instead a study about 2 years ago concluded that had we joined, it would actually have costed us more then 350B kr.
and so on and so on

So again, why should we the ordinary people trust the bankers, and politicians when clearly they dont know fuck about what they talk about.
I think a lot of people in the UK would agree with you.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Anguille

Time to take this thread out of the grave? Brexit's not done yet but soon.

Sir Slash

What a mess! Thank you all Brits for making us Yanks look like the civilized bunch again.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

This is how the rest of the EU feels :

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Anguille on March 29, 2019, 10:53:27 AM

I'm still hoping for a miracle and Article 50 will be revoked.  Almost certainly a vain hope, but at least it's now being discussed, where nobody had the balls to even mention it before now.

Ubercat

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 29, 2019, 01:20:34 PM
Quote from: Anguille on March 29, 2019, 10:53:27 AM

I'm still hoping for a miracle and Article 50 will be revoked.  Almost certainly a vain hope, but at least it's now being discussed, where nobody had the balls to even mention it before now.

What was wrong with the first vote? It didn't count?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Huw the Poo

Oh yes, officially we are still leaving.  But surprise surprise, our Tory government is making a spectacular mess of it.  Theresa May has lost control and the House of Commons is now trying to figure out the manner of exit.

Staggerwing

Meanwhile Tsar Vlad the Shirtless sits back and smiles...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Pete Dero

UK wanted to leave

UK can't agree on how to leave

UK begs for a delay only to ask for a new delay

and then you read this :

https://www.politico.eu/article/rees-mogg-uk-should-play-hardball-on-eu-budget-if-brexit-delayed/

Conservative MP and Brexiteer Jacob Rees-Mogg called on Friday on the U.K. government to be "as difficult as possible" with the EU on a range of issues including the long-term budget if Brexit is delayed for an extended period.
"If a long extension leaves us stuck in the EU we should be as difficult as possible," Rees-Mogg tweeted.
"We could veto any increase in the budget, obstruct the putative EU army and block Mr Macron's integrationist schemes," he added, referring to French President Emmanuel Macron's vision for the future of the bloc.

You know what :

Huw the Poo

Jacob Rees-Mogg is putrid slime and should be ignored by everyone.

JudgeDredd

I saw a meme with JRM which said "I wouldn't trust that haunted, Victorian pencil if he told me the time and we were looking at the same clock"  :DD

I give you Jacob Reese-Mogg people

I don't care anymore. I wish this would all just **** off so politics can be about other things.

Lets leave with no deal and see what happens. If it all folds in on itself and there are job losses, let the people who voted for it lose their jobs first and at the same time leave the Tories in power so their benefits will be sufficient enough to buy a loaf, have the heating on for 30 minutes a day and live in  a f***ing box under a bridge  :-"

Ok - all that was a bit of tongue in cheek - but I do wish this would all just go away. Leave with a deal. Leave with no deal. I really, really couldn't care less anymore.
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 12, 2019, 05:33:42 AM
Ok - all that was a bit of tongue in cheek - but I do wish this would all just go away. Leave with a deal. Leave with no deal. I really, really couldn't care less anymore.

Or let them vote again knowing now what they didn't know then.

Schotland in general and Amy Macdonald in particular are still very welcome to remain you know !
Donald's golf course can leave on its own.

Sir Slash

I don't know about you Brits. America was once part of your, 'European Union'. We've done OK since we left. What's to be afraid of?  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.