Firefly: The Boardgame

Started by BanzaiCat, August 18, 2013, 06:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Don't know how many 'Verse fans or browncoats we have around here, but I just stumbled on this and it looks pretty damn awesome:

http://www.gf9.com/Default.aspx?tabid=348&art_id=3748

Looks like it's not due out until later this Fall. Man I'd LOVE to do a review of this baby!

Here's a video overview of it from GenCon 2013:
http://boardgamegeek.com/video/32500/firefly-the-game/gen-con-2013-firefly-the-game-demo

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 18, 2013, 06:50:51 PM
Don't know how many 'Verse fans or browncoats we have around here, but I just stumbled on this and it looks pretty damn awesome:

http://www.gf9.com/Default.aspx?tabid=348&art_id=3748

Looks like it's not due out until later this Fall. Man I'd LOVE to do a review of this baby!

Here's a video overview of it from GenCon 2013:
http://boardgamegeek.com/video/32500/firefly-the-game/gen-con-2013-firefly-the-game-demo

Want!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

from Anthony (former E.D. of GAMA) - phone typos and all

QuoteThe "Firefly: The Game" board game is not crap in box qith a license. It's actually a good pick up an delivery game with a lot of adventure game elements. It's one of the top games of thhe show.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 19, 2013, 11:51:38 AM

QuoteThe "Firefly: The Game" board game is not crap in box qith a license. It's actually a good pick up an delivery game with a lot of adventure game elements. It's one of the top games of thhe show.

Want even more!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on August 19, 2013, 11:52:48 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 19, 2013, 11:51:38 AM

Want even more!

+150

Mrs Darwin

I think our local game shop is sick of me stopping in and checking to see if perhaps it's in, but they just hadn't gotten the chance to call me yet.   I was able to show the extra ship from GTM.  It teases me.
<Insert Expletive Here> Space Pirate

I'm a much nicer person when I keep my mouth shut.

bayonetbrant

does it force you to play the turns out of order and then stop halfway through the game?

BanzaiCat

Mrs Darwin

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 14, 2013, 06:36:07 PM
does it force you to play the turns out of order and then stop halfway through the game?

The expansion sets have already been canceled.

Mrs Darwin

But it will live on forever at the hands of stalwart Cardboard Browncoats.

mirth

Excellent quote beneath your avatar, Mrs D.

bayonetbrant

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 22, 2014, 07:54:35 AM
review

http://theshellcase.co.uk/2014/01/20/firefly-the-game-a-review/

QuoteWe each have a ship (I threatened bloody murder should anyone dream of taking the Serenity player card before me) and choose a captain from a variety of characters plucked from the series. Each character brings with them certain skills and/or benefits. Such as Nadi from the Heart of Gold episode who gets to hire crew for free. Presumably because she fellates them in lieu of payment.

Wow, really? LOL

QuoteAt first I wasn't convinced about using a deck but it's quick, it's simple and there's no fucking about looking up results on tables that you'd need with a dice based option.

You Brits and your way with words...wish we could use those here.  :-X