Main Menu

Tapatalk

Started by vyshka, January 07, 2015, 03:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vyshka

I'm not sure how recently this took place, but a big thumbs up for implementing tapatalk support for grogheads. Makes it much easier to read on the phone and tablet.

O0

bayonetbrant

Quote from: vyshka on January 07, 2015, 03:31:08 PM
I'm not sure how recently this took place, but a big thumbs up for implementing tapatalk support for grogheads. Makes it much easier to read on the phone and tablet.

O0

it was last fall:  http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=11266.0

glad you're liking it :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

spelk

Just installed Tapatalk on my phone and it won't let me connect to the Grogheads forum. I've previously had it loaded and connected ok - so wondered if anything has changed this end?

Added Grogheads to Tapatalk, and then tried to sign in and it reports "Failed to connect to forum".

Staggerwing

IIRC Tapatalk has been disabled on the Grogheads forums because it was causing problems for non-users.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 11, 2015, 05:03:41 AM
IIRC Tapatalk has been disabled on the Grogheads forums because it was causing problems for non-users.

It was causing hugely slow load-times for forum pages on mobile devices using browsers as Tapatalk was checking every single page for a Tapatalk install on your mobile device.  We turned it off and the pages started loading very snappily on mobile devices.

Tapatalk would've been great if we were all using it for the forums.  But truthfully, barely 5% of our forums hits were coming through it, and the frustration for the other 95% just wasn't worth it.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

spelk

Ah ok, thanks for the explanation.